• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

VoiceGS

First Lieutenant
67 Badges
Nov 21, 2013
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Sword of the Stars II
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Tyranny - Tales from the Tiers
  • Impire
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Surviving Mars
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
Hey

I have been wanting to play a Jewish game from the Charlemagne start as Khazaria but as everyone knows they start as Tengri. But, in the 2.2.0.1 patch beta notes I read that Jewish exiles are more likely to move to Khazaria but I was wondering if anyone knew that when that is likely to happen? Do they need to reform Tengri religion first? Do they need to be Feudal?

If anyone has played and can remember when they received the Jewish Exile event that would be great if you could tell me what year that was around so I could have a good idea.

I also tried to have a look in the event files but couldnt find any info on that so if anyone knows the event folder and could let me know that would be nice as well.

Thanks.

Voice

The "exiles" are just the normal Jewish courtier appears events, which can't normally trigger for pagans. It is rather deceptively worded.

Hey

Ah ok. Thanks for that info.

Voice

I think there should be a special chance for the Khazars to spawn female Jewish exiles. So that you can marry and insta-convert if you so want.
The even better special chance would be for the Khazar Khan to just get an event with the options to convert to Judaism or stay Tengri. I don't know much about Khazar history, but I really doubt the reason they historically converted to Judaism was because random ashkenazi Jews decided, out of all the steppe tribes, to settle in Khazaria. Currently it's like the Jews are showing up because they know in the future the Tengri Khazars convert to Judaism.

The even better special chance would be for the Khazar Khan to just get an event with the options to convert to Judaism or stay Tengri. I don't know much about Khazar history, but I really doubt the reason they historically converted to Judaism was because random ashkenazi Jews decided, out of all the steppe tribes, to settle in Khazaria. Currently it's like the Jews are showing up because they know in the future the Tengri Khazars convert to Judaism.

IIRC they converted to Judaism because it was a way to stay on good terms with both the Byzantines and the Muslims without having to pick a side (ofc ingame it just means they get Holy Warred by both...).

Intriguingly, back in the sixth century the khaganates of that region even flirted with Buddhism for a while...

IIRC they converted to Judaism because it was a way to stay on good terms with both the Byzantines and the Muslims without having to pick a side (ofc ingame it just means they get Holy Warred by both...).

Intriguingly, back in the sixth century the khaganates of that region even flirted with Buddhism for a while...
Maybe give them (or Jews in general) a flag that prevents other Abrahamic faiths from holy warring them, unless they've declared a holy war on a ruler of that faith first?

IIRC the story was that the ruler at the time called Christian, Muslim, and Jewish religious leaders to convince them on their respective faiths and he chose Judaism.

A manuscript in the Cairo Geniza, written by a supposed Khazarian, seems to suggest that the conversion was a result of Jewish exiles fleeing Muslim persecution in Persia, whether it was the result of any real conversion or intermarriage is rather ambiguous.