• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Flexus

Corporal
18 Badges
Mar 16, 2014
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Cities in Motion
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Island Bound
  • Prison Architect: Psych Ward
  • Cities: Skylines - Campus
  • Prison Architect
  • Cities: Skylines Industries
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife Pre-Order
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Humble Paradox Bundle
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition
I know it only lasts one update until CiM2 is forgotten, but... can we please get a "Vehicle speed" setting on rulesets?

P.S.: Note that vehicle speed is different from vehicle acceleration.
P.P.S.: Yes, we can already edit it through Vehicle editor (cim2edit), but doing that messes up with circular lines (when the first stop is the same as the last one) so it would be nice to have this setting offically supported.

I know it only lasts one update until CiM2 is forgotten, but... can we please get a "Vehicle speed" setting on rulesets?

P.S.: Note that vehicle speed is different from vehicle acceleration.
P.P.S.: Yes, we can already edit it through Vehicle editor (cim2edit), but doing that messes up with circular lines (when the first stop is the same as the last one) so it would be nice to have this setting offically supported.

Knowing paradox they'd release it as DLC and make you pay money for it.

Me too on this, but won't be holding my breath on it ever happening. Schedules are basically completely unusable with default settings, on anything other than absurdly short lines. Changing the time scaling to make schedules work results in a game which is basically far too slow even on max fast-forward. Right now, it's a choice of unusable schedules, or painfully slow.

The ability to increase the fast-forward speed or vehicle speed, instead or in addition to changing the time factor to be closer to real time is the only way to fix the real problem.