Twilight of the third age: A lord of the Rings Role-play

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
To Bard, King of Dale.

I have recently heard that your kin has for some reason detained the Captain of the Mirkwood Elven Guard. I cannot understand what she may have done to warrant an arrest, although Tauriel is still young and has many habits also present within the children of Men, just before they reach adulthood.

I would ask that you release her back to Mirkwood, unless she has committed some irredeemable crime, which seems very unlikely. Although of course if she has somehow accidentially destroyed something on her way to a tavern, I will of course make certain to compensate.

Legolas Greenleaf, Son of Thranduil, Prince of Mirkwood

mAoanZi.jpg

Ecthelion II, Steward of Gondor, addressing the Lords of Gondor​

My Lords, we have had a year of improvement despite the fears of the people in regards to the taxation. However we must push these taxation reforms through and they must be followed by all the collectors. We need to stem the corruption more than ever, our expenses will only continue to rise through the next decade, and as such we have no reason to believe that our enemies won’t use that against us should they gain the chance.

The rising activity in Mordor makes this issue all the more present, we have more and more reports of Orcs moving about within the region. While we have been able to improve the defenses of Osgilith but it is however not enough by far, the city has long been in ruins and it used to be our capital not to mention largest city. However we only possess the Western half of the city and as such we must increase the defenses even more. It is due to this that I have laid out a larger plan over the next coming years to clear much of the rubble and built towers and walls to make the city into a proper fortification. As Osgilith is one of the only places between Rauros and the sea where a large army can cross, it is paramount that we hold it as well as recapture the Western side and fortify that as well, to prevent any possible Orc army to travel into Gondor and be within striking range of Minas Tirith. Furthermore this will also allow us to add additional fortifications against Morder as well as allowing us to reach further east than before.

We can’t however put all of our faith in Osgilith, as such there has also been made plans for general defenses to be constructed along the River, they are to help repel any attack that might come from the rebellious province under Herad as well as any other Orc attack.

The army of Gondor will also be massively increased to allow for more soldiers to patrol our borders. We have received news that Isengard has attacked the town of Lord Daer, and as such we worry about the intentions of Isengard should they decide to go further. Due to this reason I have also decided to send an envoy to Rohan to discuss the issue, as they are our allies and in the region, I believe it is best that we work together.

(while we wait for more IC and updates have another LotR trivia question name the greatest dragon to ever stain middle earth)

((Sorry, but I'm afraid I have to quit this game. Unfortunately, I do not have the time or energy to put in the effort that this game deserves, along with the other games that I'm playing right now. I hope y'all understand. :) ))

((Glaurung was the bigger douche, Ancalagon the more powerful dragon.

I suppose I'm Rhûn now?))

(( have another one, who is the coolest elf in tolkein lore (kinda opinion based I know but whatever:) )))

(Elrond. He's a good friend of Mordor. When Isildur refused to melt down the ring, Elrond decided to be a pal to us and didn't forcibly seize the ring from Isildur.

Besides, he's Agent Smith. You can't argue with that logic!)

((Fingolfin. It took a freaking dark god to bring him down in the end, and even then he maimed him so bad he limped ever after and feared to leave his fortress ever again. Easily the best of the Noldor. ))

(( I was thinking Fëanor but he might be greatest of the in arts and lore and not in coolness, so I'm gonna call it for Deaghaidh))
gaTOB4Upebs.jpg

(new question; name the Guard of Minas Tirith that saves Faramir's life and is exiled to Minas Ithil after the war))

Last edited:
((yes yes it is))
Beregond_pippin.jpg

((new trivia name all the dwarves that went with Balin to reclaim Moria and how did they die))

(( I was thinking Fëanor but he might be greatest of the in arts and lore and not in coolness, so I'm gonna call it for Deaghaidh))

((Feanor was a dick. Being good at making jewelry doesn't give you a license to doom your whole race like that.

I'm going to assume I'm Rhûn, and post a court.))

(i say the trait of my leader no?, do all hereoes need trait or just when ascending to power?)

Haradrim Combined tribes

iaIr4Hv.gif

Leader:

Suladan: the serpent lord (general/corrupt)

Heroes:
-The golden King (coin counter/uninspiring)
-Salāḥ ad-Dīn, The Merciless. (general/visible)
-Hassan, The Dark Shadow.(agent/corrupt)
-Yoosuf, The Builder (Architect/visible)

Last edited:
eHPtRbR.jpg

King Thengel(60)Coin counter/Uninspiring

Prince Theoden, First Marshall of the King's Lands(17)Courageous Leader/Structurally inept

Fasthelm(Who is temprorarly filling in as Marshll for Prince Éomund until he comes of age) Second Marshall of the West-Mark(29)Agent/Corrupt

Dúnhere Third Marshall of the East-Mark(43)General/Visible

Thorongil(temporarily)

Gorganslayer, your inbox is full I don't have a court up yet, I'm having difficulty getting it to post, but these will be my orders

War orders:

Send 500 cavalry(3) 100 chariots (monsters)(2) on a raiding mission through the area north of the river running and south of Dale's south-eastmost holding under my hero, Rhamul the Bright Tiger (General, agent/corrupt, structurally unsound)

Normal orders:

My ruler, High Priest Xor (Courageous, Coin counter/ visible, uninspiring) will buy slaves to serve as soldiers of the Dark Lord (recruit cavalry and heavy infantry)

My courtier, Tîm the Dwarf (architect/corrupt) will build designe new roads and bridges to better link the cities of Rhun