Twilight of the third age: A lord of the Rings Role-play

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
((Fixed))

gorganslayer i must retire from the game, i am invested in other things and cant dedicate time for it. sorry

Middle-Earth 2968
Eriador:
Construction on the Ancient Citadel of Fornost continued at great pace with the men putting themselves to the task, with an effort to rival that of the elves or the dwarves, if construction finished at this rate unabated the citadel could expect to be finished by the end of the next year. (construction 4/5) in the south the forces of Eriador also marched on the city of Erryn Von only to find it a haven of bandits and orcs, after small skirmishes the bandits were driven into the sea and the rest fled into the woods and hills of the countryside (-100 infantry - 50 archers, Erryn Von is now an Eriador city)

Dwarves:
the dwarves came about the realisation that all of the treasure in the mountain was cluttering up space with no real value and so it was that they set about smelting the treasure and reminting the currency into gold. (+5,000 gold) The dwarves also continued to raise several new units of soldiers this time raising a small force of archers (-5,000 gold +500 archers) training of more elite infantry was still suffering from setbacks however, (-5,000 gold, +500 heavy Infantry)

Isengard:
the Nazgul of Isengard, after being reassured of sarumans loyalty continued on with the secret mission given to him by the eye of sauron, setting of into the wilderness of the Misty Mountains he searched far and wide for the ring, however after many a die the Nazgul became trapped in the mountains and did not return to the tower of Orthanc (isengard nazgul out for 5 turns) Lurtz patrols around the lands of Isengard also led him into a patrol of elves guarding a caravan on its way to the peoples of the west, the orcs ambushed the convoy and plundered the gold for Isengard (-50 infantry +5,000 gold) Meanwhile back at isengard the factories and breeding pits of the tower had soon raised a new force of 1,000 archers to fight for the white wizard (-10,000 gold +1,000 archers)

Dale:
reeling from the unexpected raids by the people of Rhun, King bard reacted quickly, militias were raised and levies called as the men of Dale prepared to face the ancestral foes they had fought many a time before (-20,000 gold, +2,000 infantry) the fortification of esgaroth also ramped up with the city soon a fortress protected by walls, galleys and the natural defences offered by the river itself (esgaroth gives +3 skill to defending units) rather than attempting to defend against the Rhun raiders the king took a more direct approach, marching troops into the darwinion to the west of the sea of Rhun, The men quickly ran into more soldiers of Rhun and a fierce battle ensued, with the archers of Dale enacting a heavy toll on the men of Rhun at the end bodies littered the battlefield however it was the men of Dale who carried the day forcing the men of Rhun back to the city of Susel-kaln (Dale: - 1,100 infantry - 800 archers -100 elite infantry Rhun: - 1,500 infantry, -500 heavy infantry, -600 archers - 10 chariots)

Silvian Elves:
the elves set out to find the members of the great eagles in hope of gaining the allegiance of that great and ancient, although only a few could be found those that where offered their service to the elves of the forest (-10,000 gold +100 monsters) the elves also continued to train in mastering the art of mounted warfare with a new branch of elite cavalry being formed capable of both mounted and unmounted combat (-1,000 gold +100 elite cavalry)

Mordor:
despite the early setbacks with the bow development, the orcs of mordor finally found success with the development of a crossbow, now orcs can be trained to be archers quickly and be more reliable at the expense of rate of fire, however the technology is new and further development can still be achieved (-10,000 gold +500 archers archer skill +1) orcs also began to move again in dol guldur, expanding the camps in the region and tearing down more trees to fuel the fires of the city (-10,000 gold +1,000 income) also back in the ashfields of Mordor the construction of siege equipment began (1 seige equipment - can be used to reduce defence bonus of cities)

next deadline is Wednesday 19th 6:30pm AEST or 07:30:00 a.m. Wednesday 19th GMT

also please IC about your characters and diplomacy with each other so i can fix up stats

Last edited:
The journey into the mountains had been long, but the group led by Celeborn finally were arriving to their destination. Fortunately none of their members had been lost, their encounters with orcs when they approached the Misty Mountains had been swift and the vile creatures had been slain without a single of the Eldar dying.

Celeborn looked at the colossal eyrie in front of him. He approached them, his hands held out to show that he held no hostility.

"Greetings, noble eagles of the Eyrie, chosen of Manwë. I am Celeborn, Lord of Lothlorien." the Elf lord said in Sindarin, knowing that the eagles understood the language.

"The times are grim. The darkness rise in the Middle-Earth, and soon the Third Age may come to an end. Mithrandir brought news that Sauron is again a great threat. And unlike the last war, Man are no longer united by the King of all the Dúnedain. The two great bloodlines spawned from Elendil are all but extinct, with us aware of only a single living member, raised in safety by my son-in-law in Rivendell."

One of the colossal eagles made a leap, easily 500 feet, from it's nest, landing in front of the small Elf.

"Be at ease, Celeborn. We have observed the world of the Middle-Earth, and became aware of the growing darkness when Olorin called out for help for himself and his companions, when they were on a quest to Erebor. We will set up another Eyrie in the mountains to the south, those near the elven forests, and some of my kin shall join you in your quest. But now, Celeborn, that you have told us your purpose, and I have replied, I believe it is time for us to share a meal, and for us to talk about past ages. How is young Celebrian? I seem to remember that she was not much longer than my claw when I last saw her, nothing but a nestling."

Celeborn allowed himself to smile.

"She is married now, to Elrond. Together they govern the lands of Rivendell."

And so for the next few weeks Celeborn and the Lord of the Eagles would share tales of the past, of successes and failures. And some Eagles would join their cause.

sorry guys, it seems im a terrible GM, if someone else wants to try with these rules i'll send em but thanks for giving me a chance