• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

StatikShocker

General
68 Badges
Sep 13, 2013
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Semper Fi
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife Pre-Order
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Battle for Bosporus
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Hearts of Iron IV: La Resistance
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Victoria 2
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Steel Division: Normand 44 - Second Wave
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
I don't know what is going on, and it is scaring me. I am sunni, with mutapa as my sunni vassal. I can't find the province "Oromia" described in the event (is it a region? where?). What are the consequences of this?

edit: Apparently this region is Oromia. Eh, I don't want to be animist.

That's an Ethiopian flavour event, which it looks like you're getting because you gobbled up Ethiopia.

To see exactly what provinces are affected, go to the "Region Map Mode" from the bottom-right and check for Oromia, if there isn't a province by that name in the Ethiopian area.

That's an Ethiopian flavour event, which it looks like you're getting because you gobbled up Ethiopia.

To see exactly what provinces are affected, go to the "Region Map Mode" from the bottom-right and check for Oromia, if there isn't a province by that name in the Ethiopian area.

It appears that it isn't going to do anything but cause unrest, correct? It says "animist will become religion of ." which is blank... The whole region is currently sunni, somali, and 0% autonomy so I don't get why this is happening.

I don't know what religion will change, if any. The event is intended for Ethiopia, so it might not be properly coded to respond to you owning the relevant areas instead. Perhaps it's intended to change the religion of Ethiopia when it fires, but the lack of Ethiopia is making that impossible.

You'll have to click "OK" and see!

oroemia or whatever

is a cultural nomadic group that moves into ethiopia making their tribal ways spread to ethiopian country.

animism is easy to convert back, youll do ok.

oroemia or whatever

is a cultural nomadic group that moves into ethiopia making their tribal ways spread to ethiopian country.

animism is easy to convert back, youll do ok.
religious zeal for 10 years, and it is still spreading. also unrest is bad.
I guess its okay for this to happen to me, so its not a bug, then. its just rather unfortunate.

It will stop by itself after a while and removes the modifiers when it does so, after that you can start converting back more quickly :)
Historically the Oromo migrations brought Ethiopia to it's knees and meant the end of the nearby Adal Sultanate. Chroniclers back then refer to it as an almost apocalyptic event. The in game version is a lot more tame than that but is still not the nicest thing that can happen to you.

It will stop by itself after a while and removes the modifiers when it does so, after that you can start converting back more quickly :)
Historically the Oromo migrations brought Ethiopia to it's knees and meant the end of the nearby Adal Sultanate. Chroniclers back then refer to it as an almost apocalyptic event. The in game version is a lot more tame than that but is still not the nicest thing that can happen to you.
I see, thank you. This event led me to go do some research on the Oromo and the whole thing was pretty interesting! I can always thank paradox games for leading me to learn some new things

Wait but you'll still be animist right?

Roflmao @ The Oromo event picture. But I like these country-specific historic events shaking up the game a bit as long as it's not too static, like the old peasant wars, :) Is this event always happening for Ethiopia/conquering Ethiopia or is there are percentage chance not being forced to turn animist for a while? I usually liberate Ethiopia from it's shackles as Ottomans but interesting to know.

Roflmao @ The Oromo event picture. But I like these country-specific historic events shaking up the game a bit as long as it's not too static, like the old peasant wars, :) Is this event always happening for Ethiopia/conquering Ethiopia or is there are percentage chance not being forced to turn animist for a while? I usually liberate Ethiopia from it's shackles as Ottomans but interesting to know.
Statistically it will happen almost always.

Reactions: