How to survive as Theodoro: My quick guide (and yours)!

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Pellucid

Ottoboos get out! Reeee!
112 Badges
Mar 17, 2005
  • War of the Roses
  • Majesty 2 Collection
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Europa Universalis: Rome
  • Rome Gold
  • Sengoku
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • Warlock 2: The Exiled
  • Majesty 2
  • 200k Club
  • 500k Club
  • Europa Universalis III: Collection
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Humble Paradox Bundle
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Hearts of Iron 4: Arms Against Tyranny
  • Divine Wind
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Deus Vult
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition
  • Lead and Gold
  • Legio
So I've got a preliminary set of steps that just might work. So far I've still ultimately died or ended up in untenable situations, but I've at least got a set of steps that saves you from the early Crimea DOW.

1. Send diplomats: Mil access in Trebizond, Improve Relations with Circassia. When Treb diplomat returns, Improve Relations in Georgia.
2. Ship troops to Trebizond. This is so you can link up with your primary allies later.
3. When Trebizond asks for alliance, accept. This is the only way to prevent Crimea from DOW'ing within the first few months. Reject RM.
4. Alliance with Circassia, RM. Georgia when they'll accept. Mil access from both. March troops to Circassia.
5. Fabricate claim on Kaffa.
6. When Trebizond calls you vs Qara Qoyunlu, dishonor alliance. It's not feasible to win this war, even with Georgia's help.
7. Once Georgia is out of debt, wait for an opportunity to attack Genoa; ship troops back to Theodoro if one opens. Once war starts, fabricate claim on Crimean territory.
8. If Crimea DOW's before an opportunity, make sure your army in Circassia is set to allow army attachments so you can fight with the entire stack of your troops, Georgia, and Circassia. Try not to fight on Crimean soil.

That's where I am right now. If anyone has been more successful or has their own strategies, post 'em up!

do the same what AI done in my Ottman game.

Wait until ottman takes constinople. than support rebell and pray that a 30k+ stack spawns in constinople. this stack sieged sucessful one province. after this, before I could killhim he was walking to genoa kaffa and sieged this provinces...

the stack enforced against genoa a core flip...and theodoro got 2 all my ottoman greek and othodox cores....i mean all...

This was my first experience with Theodoro.

- Declaring war on Genoa on day 1. Figth war against Genoa and Austria, luckily after a couple of there attempted of landing in my capital , nobody turned up again. conquered 2 provinces and was was able to enforce war reparation , that really help me since i was
nearly gaining 2.2€ a month
- Allied Georgia and Trebizond
- After that declared war on Circassia, got 1 province
- Created army of 6 units and small merchant fleet
- Starting to gain good amount of money , thanks to Crimea Trade node
- Was tiring to build alliance with Poland.... just needed 5 points to get an alliance with them.
- Crimea deled war on me :( , fighting war against them and ottoman , that i think will annihilate me

My conclusion is that if Crimea wasn't allied with the ottomans i could fight the war , and maybe win .....
Getting alliance with Poland is vital , and i got so close to this.

Maybe an idea could be to attack Crimea on Day 1 ....

Currently hold Theodoro, Crimea, and the province north of Crimea that I can't remember the name of.

Allies: Poland(+Lithuania), Byzantium, Georgia

Vassal: Crimea

I had Circassia and Trebizond as allies, but Circassia broke it when I vassalized Crimea, and I abandoned Trebizond when our RM ended because I was over diplo cap.

do the same what AI done in my Ottman game.

Wait until ottman takes constinople. than support rebell and pray that a 30k+ stack spawns in constinople. this stack sieged sucessful one province. after this, before I could killhim he was walking to genoa kaffa and sieged this provinces...

the stack enforced against genoa a core flip...and theodoro got 2 all my ottoman greek and othodox cores....i mean all...

Screenshot :D

Is there no way to do what Theodoro did historically and have friendly relations with Crimea?

Here a Screen from my AI Theo and there cores in my ottman empire:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=334376993

How they got the cores.

1.) I was at war, 35k stack spawned in constaniople
2.) it sieged edirne
3.) it runned to kaffa (genoa)
4.) couldn't kill it there without DOW on Austria and France...
5.) genoe couldn't kill a 31k doomstack on ist own
6.) stack enforced there demands against genoa and me, ottman.
7.) all provinces, which are cores flipped to Theo, they got the 31k stack as army.

What was your strategy ?
Hoe didi you ally Poland ?

Thanks
I hired a diprep adviser for one month after getting +100 Improved, Guaranteeing, and RM. Strategy was basically what I outlined in the original post. I got lucky, though; Crimea didn't ally Ottomans before I had my coalition of Byzantium, Georgia, Circassia, and Trebizond assembled. Unfortunately the way alliances work now means that Ottomans were called in once Crimea did ally them. By that time I had the wargoal. Byzantines lost a lot of WS, but they peace'd out giving Ottomans Achaea, and I was able to snipe Yedishkul from Crimea before the Ottoman army showed up in force.