• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Youch, that is some of the worst luck I've seen in a while.

hey, at least the US hasn't declared war.

Youch, that is some of the worst luck I've seen in a while.
It actually isn't THAT bad, I honestly should have expected Brazil to come in with a lot of troops and been more prepared to handle it, especially when I saw that Peru was the warleader, as a quick war is basically impossible from that point.

hey, at least the US hasn't declared war.
True, and since they have all of my cores and I'm in their sphere, they're unlikely to fight me any time soon, either. :)

you should really try to ally the U.S.A, it will help you alot in future latin-american wars, you have very back luck my friend, 66 divisions against you, will you mobilize? or only as a last resource? btw, if you somehow manage to beat the coalation, go and get another state from colombia

You've been through quite the ride so far. I think Red Captain's advice is sound, at least until you can get back at them.:)

you should really try to ally the U.S.A, it will help you alot in future latin-american wars, you have very back luck my friend, 66 divisions against you, will you mobilize? or only as a last resource? btw, if you somehow manage to beat the coalation, go and get another state from colombia
Oh, I have an alliance with America, but since they wouldn't have joined the war, I didn't drag them in. And of course, for some reason when you don't call in allies to war, they auto-break alliance with you. Either this, or I forgot to make the "nation breaks alliance with us" message popup. Also, my infamy is far too high to push for another province, unless you want me at or near 30 infamy? :p

You've been through quite the ride so far. I think Red Captain's advice is sound, at least until you can get back at them.:)
Yep, I was blessed enough to have quite the interesting early game this time through. I really think that the AAR has benefited, although perhaps a smoother beginning would have been better for the welfare of poor Mexico.

Chapter 7: Once More, Unto the Breach; Part 3

When we last left off, the situation looked a lot like this. Armies crushed with a giant enemy deathstack free to roam about. We, of course, hid in the mountains.

And the majority of the enemy forces headed north to unsiege the target of this war, Panama. The AI is coded to do this, so my forces escape intact. The Colombians, for whatever reason, decided to stay behind while their friends moved north. I attempt to engage this small army so that I can destroy it, but it's far faster than we are, and manages to escape.

While the Colombians circle around to Medellin, I quickly siege through Quibdo. Luckily, the Peruvians and Brazilians split up when they got to the isthmus in order to siege the place faster. I start my guys north to hit the Peruvians, while one of my remaining northern armies (after this there is only one to safe guard against rebels) heads down to move in from the other Northwest.

While the pieces are still in motion in Central America, I get an event between something and prestige. I'm taking the Prestige every time. By basically taking the prestige every time, I should gain a little bit extra in relation to all those AI countries out there.

Shortly after I click off of that event I'm done corralling the Southies (S. Americans) into their little corner, and once again I possess the compositional and numerical advantage.

Just as I did last time, I move all of my troops into position, closing the net ever tighter on the Southies. This time, instead of taking out several smaller armies one-by-one, it looks like I'll be playing out the largest pitched battle yet.

At this point, I lean forward in anticipation. The roll of the dice (literally) could make or break my campaign, here.

*Dramatic Pause*

And of course, that's when this pops up. Well, looks like we'll have a short pause while I check up on tech. Railroads being done, I should eventually have a nice little boost to RGO output and Factory throughput (or something).

Next I roll with mechanized mining, just to get all of the basic Industry techs out of the way, and because I need to wait some more until I can refocus back on Culture Techs.

Sorry for the blurry numbers. Not sure why some of them turn out sharper than others, might have something to do with how I crop these. Anyways, this battle is initially between 22,000 Mexicans and 55,000 Southies, but I have reinforcements coming in that should turn the tide. That being said, it's a shame that the starting roll of a 9 is wasted by my separated troops. However, despite my weak center (these guys are still somewhat depleted, especially the infantry), my superior firepower (my 11,000 artillery against their 7,000), means that my losses aren't THAT unfavorable until backup arrives.

As my reinforcements arrive, the tide of battle swiftly turns. The numbers and firepower advantages are both firmly on my side, and my srtillery quickly starts blowing the Southies to smithereens. (despite their cavalry and infantry technically being better arrayed than my own)

Not long thereafter, the battle is finished entirely, and though both sides suffered casualties, it is clear whose troops had it worse. I quickly chase the enemy forces West, where they will have no safe direction to turn to. Once again the fortunes of War have turned, and once again, Mexico's armies stand victorious on the field of Battle,

only in...

The Southern Eagle: A Mexico AAR!

Well, that is how to defeat a Triple Alliance, I suppose. (Paraguay should take notes.) :D

Panama will be yours. How's your infamy looking?
According to that last Screenshot, it's at 19.41.

Ruuuule Meeexico
Meeexico ruules Latin America!
Mexico never never never be slaves!

Chapter 7: Once More, Unto the Breach; Part 4

Last time we had just finished a battle. This time our nation's insane population growth has finally decreased some. This doesn't hurt us, and it is considered perfectly average pop-growth by the game. AKA, it's better than 1,5 children per family.

But we're also following up on our glorious battle. We need to chase down the coalition troops and end them here, otherwise they could potentially get their numbers back and pose a threat again. Here I initially engage with just 30,000 guys, and lose the initial roll. We'll see how this effects the battle. Note also that while the Southies' forces seem disorganized and jumbled, my Mexican troops are holding a nice little formation. I'm pretty sure that this shows that I have a tactics advantage.

My reinforcements shortly arrive, essentially putting to bed any possibility of losing the battle. By this point, my firepower advantage is around the scale of 6 : 1. Artillery become quite an important killing tool as the game goes on, both offensively and defensively.

The Southies lose the Battle, but the casualties are about even. However, they have lost a considerable proportion of their artillery force, meaning that I should be able to keep pace in kills, despite the enemy defensive and cavalry advantages.

I mentioned earlier that there is a crossing point between Panama City and Penonome. Now the Southie troops are attempting to retreat across it. Because I'm afraid of the enemy blocking me with their superior navy should i try and follow the Southies, I decide to...

Preemptively send out my navy, knowing full well that it could be routed. The goal here is to trap and kill as many Peruvians and Brazilians as possible, and my pathetic navy really isn't that important in comparison; I can always rebuild it better later on.

And the blockade works. With their route of retreat cut off, the Brazilians and co. have no choice but to face my superior units, this time without the defensive bonuses.

Predictably, they lose, but some bad rolls means tht they do score more kills on me than vice versa.

Yet again I find myself chasing the enemy across the isthmus, a pursuit that's been ongoing for months. And yet again, I am positioned to win this engagement.

Meanwhile in Balboa, the Mexican invaders have finished their siege, and it's time to move on to Panama City. The Southies should be unable to retreat through Panama, whether via the crossing or not, as long as my army is situated in the City.

The title for this chapter suddenly starts making more sense, even to me. Once more, my soldiers take off in hot pursuit, seeking to finally end this dance of death.

Unfortunately, before I can even attempt to finally end the opposing army, the opposing navy ends my own fleet. However, I understood that this was a possibility when I chose to blockade the "straight" between Panama City and Penonome. In other words, thems the breaks.

At Penonome, I defeat two of the Southron devils before the third army even arrives, and I send my own larger army to chase these retreating troops back to David.

The lagging, disorganized opposing third army runs into my prepared, vastly superior forces, and they quickly are routed or captured. With a third of the Southie troops in the area finally taken out of play, I anticipate my next conflict with renewed vigor.

FINALLY! :D We manage to take down the last of the Peruvian and Brazilian forces that dared to march on Panama. From here, my weary forces can rest up while sieging. From there, nothing but open territory stands between myself and finally winning this war. Not that that will be quick or easy, of course. The War continues once again, next time in...

The Southern Eagle: A Mexico AAR!

Who needs the north, when you've got the south!

Clearly, Mexico takes her prizes through hard work and clever tactics unlike a certain neighbor who shall not be named ...

*cough* America *cough*

Who needs the north, when you've got the south!
The USA.

Clearly, Mexico takes her prizes through hard work and clever tactics unlike a certain neighbor who shall not be named ...

*cough* America *cough*
Yeah. Those losers get to walk through life as the game showers them with gifts like puppies and rainbows. :angry: :D

Yeah. Those losers get to walk through life as the game showers them with gifts like puppies and rainbows. :angry: :D

So it's historically accurate? :p

So it's historically accurate? :p
Let's just say that I've played as the United States before, and it is very easy. In fact, I'd recommend the US for any new players to the game, because it offers a lot: colonization, major events, immigration, sphere building, industrialization, major wars, and all from the beginning of the game, too, which leaves the back end of the game open to players to expand their horizons in-game as well.

EDIT: Also, are you ever going to come back to Fallout Realism? :p

How is 2 kids per family perfect? It's less than what you need to maintain your population.:p

Population growth is relatively unimportant for new world countries though, you get the majority of your population growth through immigrants anyways (especially if you can get ahead of the United States on social reforms which is relatively easy to do)