• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I would definitely disrecommend getting AoW just yet. There's too many complaints up on the forum after just a few hours, to actually spend money on such a technically risky product.

As sad as you may be about this, some people are REALLY enjoying AoW.

Needed to be said, dude :cool:

At first there were no problems with the performance, but it went bad over the time. Maybe the compressed save is at fault. It's much faster, but the singleplayer game is like a lagging multiplayer one...

War leaders not changing had a strange effect, Crimea attacked Genoa, Europeans went whackfast on Ottomans+Crimea, but they win because the eastern provinces was captured by the Crimeans, the European ones revolted, and Genoa accepted peace for becoming a vassal of the Crimeans. I will see some steppe horde in the HRE soon...

One thing is that now it shows every member that might join against you in a war. But since you don't have the 60 day limit, it's still a bit unpredictable. I attacked Köln for Westfalen, because they had no allies. After some weeks, they started to make allies, and they joined into the war. After Ansbach finished her war, I called him, and joined (about a year after the start), and managed to win that war. However, Bavaria attacked right after that... That war is still ongoing, I'm just taking a pause.

Mzab was crushed by Sunni zealots. Mamluks and Ottomans both went after east Anatolia (Mamluks were first, they got Aq). Somehow Byzantium went into Bosnia. I haven't been paying attention for that area, I just noticed it at some point. Nothing really seems out of order so far.

Except I don't know what is this unrest for. It says I have 8, but what does that mean? No idea...

As sad as you may be about this, some people are REALLY enjoying AoW.

Needed to be said, dude :cool:

It's true. AoW is very good so far. I'm very salty about that whole same-continent 50% LA nonsense, but playing a nation that avoids it let's the good stuff shiny through. And it's really good stuff. Let's hope they fix the bad quickly though.

Thanks for all your answers guys, although one more thing. I have noticed many posts regarding multiplayer crashes- is that the case for everyone? Or another words- have somebody have multiplayer actually working?

I back to 1.7.3.
Any particular reason?

I would definitely disrecommend getting AoW just yet. There's too many complaints up on the forum after just a few hours, to actually spend money on such a technically risky product.
Well, it's like how most game releases are anyway. Lots of bugs. They will get fixed in the next patch, at least enough will be get fixed to make game fine again.

I've played 25years with Kathiawar. So far, I like the autonomy system and the new options for peacedeals.

Fear is the mindkiller.

The army template button is brilliant! Not surprised Wiz and [I don't know the forum name of the other person on the twitch preview today] named it as their favourite feature. I thought it'd just be a minor addition, which I suppose it is, but the usefulness is great even within the first twenty years of a 1444 start as Castille.

Buy it from Green man gaming and use the voucher SPOOKY-TREATS-GMG20X in the checkout for £12.

Dang it.

Not only does GMG offer a complete pack that Steam does not have, but with that 20% that's Art of War + all new DLC for the same price of Art of War on steam.

And there's no way to get a refund for my Steam purchase -.-'

With all due respect, if you're boycotting the game (as you claim to be), please refrain from criticising patches and DLCs you have no personal experience of. It makes you look bad and it gets frustrating to others like myself. If you are still playing the game, then you're not boycotting it, in which case your sig is misleading. Coming to a 'what do you think about AoW' thread and recommending people not to purchase it because there are complaints on the forum is not on if you don't have any first hand experience to back up your claims.

But it seems these complaints are mostly about minor things like performance (matters for some, doesn't matter for others), absence of wars at starting dates, etc.
Definitely looks like one of the better DLC launches, especially given the size of it.

Best DLC by far.

However, noticeable performance decrease, sluggish when scrolling across screen. Before this DLC i had a very smooth experience with EUIV.

My specs

i7 3770k
GTX 660ti
16GB RAM
Windows 8

Hoping for more optimization in future patch.

CoP was the only DLC I regret buying. And It seems like it'll stay that way ;)

I quite like it overall.

I have huge performance drop. I used to play smoothly, but now it lags a lot and it's complete terror when I turn on the Trade Mapmode

Specs:
AMD 6300+ 3,9ghz
GTX 660 Ti Boost
8GB RAM
Windows 8.1

You don't own the DLC, and you're boycotting a product that you're still all over the forums of. Sort your life out mate.