• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

User29

Kaiserreich Team Member
92 Badges
Oct 21, 2010
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Hearts of Iron 4: Arms Against Tyranny
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • War of the Roses
  • 500k Club
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Prison Architect
  • Imperator: Rome Sign Up
  • Surviving Mars
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Tyranny - Bastards Wound
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Crusader Kings Complete
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
I was tribal muslim, but I inherited a higher rank and became feudal, and I must say, DAMNIT to that, I wanted to become a muslim republic Paradox, why do you make this so hard on me.

Do any of the tribal Muslim counties even border the sea?

Just to be curious, how did you manage to make your own king head of a republic ?

I managed to make the emirate of Marrakech but it always is a feudal title, never a republic.

It's not like the republics don't have nobility, I've never seen a lowborn Doge.

It's just a different form.

Is your capital coastal? In ToG start, the capital of Marrakesh is a non-coastal castle. Don't use that one.

to become a republic the de jure capital HAS to be coastal? I assumed it was based off of your designated capital, cause you know, that would make sense.

to become a republic the de jure capital HAS to be coastal? I assumed it was based off of your designated capital, cause you know, that would make sense.

I believe he is checking to make sure that you had your capital set to coastal and that it wasn't still in Marrakesh.

in any case I was Tribal and inherited a feudal title and was immediately not tribal anymore :(

Muslim merchant republics are possible, I made Islamic Crete in 876 into one with the console.

Muslim merchant republics are possible, I made Islamic Crete in 876 into one with the console.

no one said they weren't?

no one said they weren't?

I am just guessing here, but do you think it has something to do with there being temples built, since Muslims can hold them as feudal titles? That might mess stuff up a little bit, I am just guessing though, I can't really imagine why this wouldn't work. What did you even inherit? I didn't think the tribals were related to anyone important.

I am just guessing here, but do you think it has something to do with there being temples built, since Muslims can hold them as feudal titles? That might mess stuff up a little bit, I am just guessing though, I can't really imagine why this wouldn't work. What did you even inherit? I didn't think the tribals were related to anyone important.

I held no temples but I didn't inherit any to my demesne either.

A good place if you want an Islamic republic is Socotra. Has it's own duchy title, starts as nestorian but you can vow alliegance to caliph and revert if you wish.

Edit: It starts as feudal, but if you revoke title for the city and give it to your son, then arrest/release your temple bishop until he revolts, then arrest/release your son until he revolts, then surrender to the bishop's revolt, you will abdicate and your son will inherit and form a merchant republic in the Indian ocean :)

I restarted as Ifna and I am able to create a merchant republic as a muslim.
Looks like your de jure capital MUST be on the coast like someone said earlier. Also the reason why I didn't get the option when I played as the Chief of Marrakech.