• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

chiefoverlord

Sergeant
4 Badges
Jun 16, 2012
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Magicka
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
So I married my daughter to some Duke in Bavaria and I was pretty happy. Then the guy goes and becomes leader of the Bavarian Revolt. So the Bavarian King puts my daughter in jail then straight up murders her.

Two things about this - apart from a dead daughter - made me angry:

(1) No cassus belli? Screw that. He murdered my daughter!
(2) Her husband, the leader of the Bavarian Revolt, won his independence war and became the new King of Bavaria. Then he married some stupid Italian Doge's hussy daughter, who reaped the benefits that my darling paid for with crimson blood.

Fuuuuuuuuuuu!!!

Correct me if I am wrong but could you not have offered to join his war? Thus possibly saving your daughter's life and making her Queen of Bavaria? Why sit on the sidelines while your son-in-law goes to war?

Well I was in England and I didn't even know a war was going on until I noticed a tooltip saying 'yo your daughter is dead'. Could I still have offered to join at the time, when my daughter is now dead? I guess I should pay more attention to wars.

It's still a shame that you can't take revenge. There's even a precedent: The Danes invaded England after their king's sister was killed in the St. Brice's Day massacre.

Lots of things for which you wish you could take revenge - Byzantine emperor castrating and blinding people, taking concubines...

Lots of things for which you wish you could take revenge - Byzantine emperor castrating and blinding people, taking concubines...
The only ones currently allowed to take revenge seem to be the Sons of Ragnarr - even if he died of old age.

Hmm, a revenge cb would be interesting, what would it do? force an abdication? or force imprisonment, something like that yes?

The only ones currently allowed to take revenge seem to be the Sons of Ragnarr - even if he died of old age.
Wait, who do they take revenge on then? how does the event work?

Imprisoning that fucker if you win the war, so that you can use some cruel ways to give him payback.

Wait, who do they take revenge on then? how does the event work?
Well, from the screenshots I saw in the forum they just invade Northumbria. I could be wrong, though - maybe the execution event is a follow-up the the invasion in TOG, but otherwise it would mean that Ragnarr's death always means death for Northumbria. :/

Well, from the screenshots I saw in the forum they just invade Northumbria. I could be wrong, though - maybe the execution event is a follow-up the the invasion in TOG, but otherwise it would mean that Ragnarr's death always means death for Northumbria. :/
Hmm, I hope not (I haven't played long enough for Regnar to die yet so I don't know much about the event)

Hmm, a revenge cb would be interesting, what would it do? force an abdication? or force imprisonment, something like that yes?

Imprisonment of the offender and the available(in-court) close family, then maybe a few events where you decide what to do with these prisoners, in the style of Ragnarr's revenge.
If this wreaks the enemy realm's succession, all for the better, huh?

Hmm, I hope not (I haven't played long enough for Regnar to die yet so I don't know much about the event)
I just checked. It seems to be a TOG event; you have to play one of Ragnarr's sons and have Ælla of Northumbria in your prison. So, my bad. :)

I just checked. It seems to be a TOG event; you have to play one of Ragnarr's sons and have Ælla of Northumbria in your prison. So, my bad. :)

867 period event - its actually a recent inclusion.