• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Ah. That's another kind of dodge in physics, where you ignore the branch of solutions which have no physical meaning. Negative degrees Kelvin is a nonsense, so you take only the limit from the positive. It's also commonly seen with square roots, taking only the positive solutions.
Yeah I guess it is a dodge in the end. Though in the exponential example I gave you could take the negative limit as well (if x was lower than B and rose) yet I am pretty sure it would still just give infinity. And yes if there is two solutions and one is unphysical and the other physical the physical solution is of course always taken.
Though given imaginary solutions are just as physical as real solutions you can just as well take the imaginary root; and that wasn't what you ment. Well yes if having the root negative doesn't make sense then the negative solution is discarded.
But as a mathematician you will probably think many of our tricks are sketchy even though they are true. For instance the classical trick of taking a derivative (say dx/dt) and pulling the denominator to the other side. E.g. dx/dt = 3x^2 can be rewritten to dt = 3x^2 dx; which then can be integrated to give t = x^3.

And there is one trick where several lecturers jokingly have asked if there are any mathmaticians in the auditorium, since if there is they will want to hold their ears and close their eyes. Unfortunately I cannot remember what it is at the moment.
"0" is a character. It doesn't have to be the additive identity; you could just define it as being what we normally think of as one or two and then divide away. Instead whatever number, if any, you defined as the additive identity would not be capable of dividing another number. Hence a trivial way of getting around it.
But then you would have two characters meaning 1 unless you redefine '1' too. And I thought you meant something like changing to another number system or perhaps some strange basis.

Reported.

Yes I stalk euro.

Seriously guys? This is a GM reservation thread for WW. You want to run a long term conversation about issues nothing to do with a game do to the actual off topic forum.

Bit I liked reading about physics and the number 0

A wise man once told me reserving by number was a bad idea. A wise, wise motherfucker.

Someone who isn't me should pm Panzer. Assuming this is right and tamius has read the magical mystical ineffable list correctly.
Panzer indeed is next.

If Panzer doesn't show up I would like to ask people whether or not they would let I5 have Panzer's spot instead of Panzer being stricken. People will still get the game they anticipated so they won't have to wait for longer than otherwise and I5 get the opportunity to GM before being redeployed and perhaps not able to play/GM for years.

What? Now? No! I'm not ready!

Seriously though, just skip me. This is my exam month.
Would you mind trading spots with I5 then? (Assuming I5 wants to trade.)

This whole list thng is stupid. It was only created because a bunch of noobs couldn't wait to GM games, and now it has given Wagon a misguided sense of authority.

This whole list thng is stupid. It was only created because a bunch of noobs couldn't wait to GM games, and now it has given Wagon a misguided sense of authority.

It's not misguided if people keep using it.

It still is fucking absurd though.

Add me to the lite GM list. How does this new system work?

It's been awhile.

Someone who isn't me should pm Panzer. Assuming this is right and tamius has read the magical mystical ineffable list correctly.

A wise man once told me reserving by number was a bad idea. A wise, wise motherfucker.

Do you actually know how it works?

Add me to the lite GM list. How does this new system work?

It's been awhile.

The person at the top of the list GMs. If they're not available or have a specific month or period when they want to GM, the next person goes. So marty has first refusal on CLXXVI. Simples.

What? Now? No! I'm not ready!

Seriously though, just skip me. This is my exam month.

If you, madchemist, and marty can't or don't want to GM, I suppose I could. I've had a theme in mind for a month or two and there's a deadline I think I can make every night.

I'm travelling around the UK from the 21st to 23rd but I wouldn't expect the game to go on for more than twelve days.

Or Ironhead could do it.