• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
If the government truly has the power to rob me of my membership of the Chamber on grounds of suspicion alone with no trial, than I question the Constitutionality of the Anti-Mason law and will petition my case to the King and the highest court in the land (TH3).
- Del Idra

The highest court in the land would be the Senate, Signore del Idra - that institution whose members you have repeatedly criticized and insulted in your public statements. I imagine that any petition to them from you would be rejected rather swiftly.

- Lorenzo Rosa, Governor-General of Jerusalem

Old ballot
Party: I Pretoriani

[Industrialist]
[Humiliated Former Candidate -0%PP]

- Marco Moretti

New Ballot
Party: Unita

[Industrialist]
[No Bonuses]

You have won because of bribery, extortion, and corrupt systems of patronage that exchange government positions and pointless titles of nobility for political loyalty.

- Frederico Mopurgo

Once again only His Majesty can grant titles of nobility, does the Signor accuse him of bribery? Three thirds of the electorate have voted for us, have they been bribed or appointed to governmental positions. I accuse Frederico Morpugo of slander and would bring the case to appopriate courts of justice

I also ask the State Censorship Committee to investigate the legal status of the journal La Cippola.

- SOLEMINIS

The real people, the good Sardo-Piedmontese, cannot even vote!
The peasants do not even want to vote! They know nothing about politics and are just happy to let all kinds of thinking to their societal betters, that is, the Aristocracy. This madness about allowing all kinds of people to vote is just another Jacobin lunacy, a way to coerce our simple-minded subjects into supporting Republicanism and cause riots and Revolution!

Nonsense and Masonry, all of it!

I also ask the State Censorship Committee to investigate the legal status of the journal La Cippola.

- SOLEMINIS
At once!

The Newspaper "La Cipolla" has never received any authorization to spread its vulgar Jacobin material by this office, and certainly is not going to receive it now! Therefore I command the immediate disbanding of this treasonous organization and humbly ask the Minister of Justice to deal with the traitors behind this newspaper as quickly and harshly as possible.

- Conte Vittorio Ruffo,
Chairman of the State Censorship Committee

From the rumors I have heard, I gather that you are referring to a certain image in a newspaper. Since I do not read the newspapers, I do not know exactly what this image appears like and thus I cannot answer your accusations.

As a member of the Senate of the Kingdom of Sardegna-Piemonte, and per request, I call for the opening of hearings concerning Del Idra's alleged ties to Freemasonry. I invite all parts interested to state their case before this noble house.

- Marchese Andrea Damiano Cignetti d'Alba, Senatore del Regno

By locking up or throwing out of the chamber everyone who disagrees with you, perhaps?

If the government truly has the power to rob me of my membership of the Chamber on grounds of suspicion alone with no trial, than I question the Constitutionality of the Anti-Mason law and will petition my case to the King and the highest court in the land (TH3).
- Del Idra

According to Statuto Albertino, it is the legislature that reviews laws. Surely a liberal knows that.

((Uh, folks, the election isn't over yet, so you might want to refrain from talking about who has "won." We're still voting.))

As a member of the Senate of the Kingdom of Sardegna-Piemonte, and per request, I call for the opening of hearings concerning Del Idra's alleged ties to Freemasonry. I invite all parts interested to state their case before this noble house.

- Marchese Andrea Damiano Cignetti d'Alba, Senatore del Regno

You would have your private club of bought and paid men slander me while I am unable to appear to defend myself? This is a grave insult, Singore. I demand satisfaction in the High Court of Honor.

MINISTRY OF JUSTICE

0yP8fHu.png

The Ministry of Justice, in Torino, this day of 1861, hereby declares that an investigation into the person of FREDERICO DEL IDRA commence immediately, to be conducted by the Royal Police Corps of Sardinia-Piedmonte, as certified through the Royal Police Act. The principle of concern to be investigated shall be a direct violation of the Constitutional Principles Act and the Anti-Mason Act. At the close of this investigation, should there be sufficient evidence, as deemed by the Minister of Justice, DEL IDRA shall be detained following the issuance of a direct warrant.

Possa essere rilasciato così com'è,

Signed,

Marzio Pedrotti,

Chief Justice of the High Court of Honor, Senator,
Minister of Commerce, (Acting) Minister of Justice

You would have your private club of bought and paid men slander me while I am unable to appear to defend myself? This is a grave insult, Singore. I demand satisfaction in the High Court of Honor.
Signor, I suggest you analyse the issue clearly. I have publicly opened a legitimate session of the Senate for hearings on the case, since the Senate itself was being referenced by you and accusers on public channels. It is a call to make clear all doubts and preserve the legitimacy of this house. You are not unable to defend yourself, as only hearings have been opened and you have been invited to make your case. May I also suggest that a self-victimizing approach that seeks to impute blame on a respected institution of the Kingdom does not help the signor in any way.

- Marchese Andrea Damiano Cignetti d'Alba, OSFS, Senatore del Regno

Now we see Signor del Idra insulting the upper chamber of legislature , the highest judicial institution, a consitutonally provisioned organ, whose members are appointed by His Majesty himself. I believe that it may be the grounds for the charges of slander and insult of public authorities.

- SOLEMINIS

The Ministry of Justice, in Torino, this day of 1861, hereby declares that an investigation into the person of FREDERICO DEL IDRA commence immediately, to be conducted by the Royal Police Corps of Sardinia-Piedmonte, as certified through the Royal Police Act. The principle of concern to be investigated shall be a direct violation of the Constitutional Principles Act and the Anti-Mason Act. At the close of this investigation, should there be sufficient evidence, as deemed by the Minister of Justice, DEL IDRA shall be detained following the issuance of a direct warrant.

Possa essere rilasciato così com'è,

Signed,

Marzio Pedrotti,

Chief Justice of the High Court of Honor, Senator,
Minister of Commerce, (Acting) Minister of Justice

((I'm not a Demagogue, I didn't start a riot or throw a bomb or otherwise do anything to mechanically increase militancy; so isn't what you are doing godmoding? Hasn't every time you guys have arrested someone, like Dadarian earlier in the game, for doing things that had no mechanical effect, and inflicting a mechanical effect of taking away some of their PP, just godmoding? It seems unfair to me. What's the point of the High Court of Honor, of the election process, of the way different mechanical factors effect PP if the ruling party can just arbitrarily decide with judges made up of themselves to take away opponent's PP? I suggest this system stop being used.

After all, your side of the fence thought it was unfair when Oxfordroyale wanted to greet your new government with a rebellion in Tunisia, if that wasn't right than surely all of the government use of power when it's not a case of a Demagogue getting caught in action is even more unfair. Either you guys should lose this power you've been using to keep the game boring and keep people from attracting new followers to opposition parties on the thread, or you should let TH3 reinstitute events. As things stand it seems one-sided to a great degree.))​

Signor, your insistence on hurting your chances in the upcoming court proceedings does not cease to amaze me. Not only do you continue to flagrantly insult the very men who will weigh your fate in their hands during the Senate hearings, you also doom your petition to the High Court of Honor almost as soon as you make it! After all, the Chief Justice of the High Court of Honor is none other than Signor Pedrotti, who, among many other accomplishments, is a member of the prestigious senatorial body - an institution whose members you have provoked and continue to provoke with your every vitriolic statement.

- Lorenzo Rosa, Governor-General of Jerusalem

((I like to listen to the fine, well-oiled purr of a working political machine. Don't worry leftists, we'll be running this joint until you die.))

((I'm not a Demagogue, I didn't start a riot or throw a bomb or otherwise do anything to mechanically increase militancy; so isn't what you are doing godmoding? Hasn't every time you guys have arrested someone, like Dadarian earlier in the game, for doing things that had no mechanical effect, and inflicting a mechanical effect of taking away some of their PP, just godmoding? It seems unfair to me. What's the point of the High Court of Honor, of the election process, of the way different mechanical factors effect PP if the ruling party can just arbitrarily decide with judges made up of themselves to take away opponent's PP? I suggest this system stop being used.

After all, your side of the fence thought it was unfair when Oxfordroyale wanted to greet your new government with a rebellion in Tunisia, if that wasn't right than surely all of the government use of power when it's not a case of a Demagogue getting caught in action is even more unfair. Either you guys should lose this power you've been using to keep the game boring and keep people from attracting new followers to opposition parties on the thread, or you should let TH3 reinstitute events. As things stand it seems one-sided to a great degree.))

((Refrain from committing actions that break the passed laws. You cannot be allowed to do everything you want, without bearing IC consequences for your actions. I did not whine, when I was killed in a duel say))

Giuseppe sends a novel for examination by the RSL.

Good King Francis
Chapter 6

The King turned to Charles.

"What do you think on this matter? You always seem to have an answer for me."

With a smile too wide for his thin face, Charles cartwheeled about the King in thought. With a single smooth move, he stopped dead still and turned to the King.

"Why, we burn down the barns, that's the obvious answer."

The King developed a curious look on his face. "But Charles, how would this possibly fix the issues of the pox?"

The sly man crossed over to the King, leaned close and began to whisper into his ear. Seeing Prince Henry, Lord Farnsworth and Sir Gainshire in the background Charles licked his lips and winked, for flaunting his power in front of his rival. At the end of his quiet soliloquy the King seemed confidant, though not sure, that his adviser was correct in his ways.​

The fifth novel by Giuseppe di Antico, it is the first full length novel not set in an anthropomorphic world since Benito Pagliaccio; A Tragedy of the Common released in 1846, some 15 years prior. This novel tells the story of King Francis the Good, sovereign of the Kingdom of Retalia. King Francis, a man beloved by the common man, was an apt ruler in his youth and middling years, however the story is set in his later years when his mind starts to wander. The first chapter is dedicated to the establishment of the character of King Francis, who is quite liberally modeled off of both Emperor Marcus Aurelius and King Henry IV of France. However in the second chapter we see the introduction of three members of the Privy Council, who upset the balance of the nation. The first is Prince Henry, back from his wars off in Africa. A pompous and egotistical man, he does everything he can to assume as many titles, properties and placements while avoiding all responsibility if possible, in a note of jest his name by the middle of the book his name is Prince Henry of the House of Gawain, Lord of Hemswitch, Knowlesville, Parc de la Vie, Baron of Blackstone, Earl of Ernest, Lenswole, Lord Chancellor of the Kingdom, Knight of the Circle of Tables, President of the Weaving of Tales, Defender of the Society of the Defense of Defenders and First among the Commoners. The second incomer is Lord Farnsworth, a smooser and sycophant of the highest level, who manages to worm and whine his way into the creation of the Society of Societies, of which increasing amount of power is centralised. Lastly is Sir Gainshire, a large man in control of the few factories of the nation. Using his connections, he manages to secure command of the Armed Forces, to which the budget is diverted from the army and navy into his mansion.

However, even they come under assault when a man known only as "Charles" arrives at the court. A jester by trade, he manages via despicable and treasonous means to begin removing his opposition within the court and move him into the King's confidence. He plays the various men against each other until he had forced the other men out of the court, including Prince Henry, Lord Farnsworth and Sir Gainshire. This is when he begins a reign of terror, convincing the King to do increasingly foolish and dangerous things until by the end the entire nation is quite literally on fire and invaded on all sides. The ending of the novel is quite poignant, as King Francis, in the last moment of clarity of his life, sees with growing horror at what has been done. The end of the book ends with the smile of Charles.

Described by present authors as one of the most depressing books written in the Italian language at the time, Charles is a tragedy comparable to the works of Shakespeare in the terms of shear destruction of sanity. A look into the spiral of court politics, the nature of evil and sanity, Good King Francis is one of di Antico's definitive books. A recent poll (1997) shows that Charles was tied with Iago as the best villain in pre-1890s writing. Due to opposition within the Kingdom, the book was published by an Italian-American printing company in New York City.

Last edited:
Marco Moretti sends an application to join the Egyptian Development Association

((Refrain from committing actions that break the passed laws. You cannot be allowed to do everything you want, without bearing IC consequences for your actions. I did not whine, when I was killed in a duel say))

((But the laws are essentially arbitrary, considering this is meant to be a game of major swings in political power. If people who happen to have high PP at a given time can just pass laws to prevent people from being allowed to play the game, from being allowed to speak on thread, then there's no point to the game because you are literally preventing people from playing it. Only isntead of everyone playing anyone and you lot just taking away everyone's PP and it becoming apparent the game is broken and needs to be fixed, instead everyone just is afraid to do anything, hence the complete lack of any political activity from the many players who instead occupy themselves with literature, their corporate affairs, or keeping their mouths shut. I'm not whining, the system is broken, and broken in exactly the way you guys want. You can't with a straight face say you should be allowed to keep doing this when you guys hollered when there was going to be an event not in your favor. If that wasn't fair than what you guys have been doing is outrageously unfair.))

((But the laws are essentially arbitrary, considering this is meant to be a game of major swings in political power. If people who happen to have high PP at a given time can just pass laws to prevent people from being allowed to play the game, from being allowed to speak on thread, then there's no point to the game because you are literally preventing people from playing it. Only isntead of everyone playing anyone and you lot just taking away everyone's PP and it becoming apparent the game is broken and needs to be fixed, instead everyone just is afraid to do anything, hence the complete lack of any political activity from the many players who instead occupy themselves with literature, their corporate affairs, or keeping their mouths shut. I'm not whining, the system is broken, and broken in exactly the way you guys want. You can't with a straight face say you should be allowed to keep doing this when you guys hollered when there was going to be an event not in your favor. If that wasn't fair than what you guys have been doing is outrageously unfair.))

((As far as I can tell, seems pretty realistic to me. there's plenty of time still for major swings, some things have to take time, its tough being open right now so we wait and plot in the dark. We are waiting for the moment and trying to rush it will only get you indicted.))

During his recuperation in his family household, he could barely stand up straight, let alone try and find work. He spent a majority of his days reading newspapers his sisters brought him. He followed the Ottoman War and its political consequences with an almost religious zeal.

It took the better part of a year, but Virgil recovered enough to be considered Healthy again. He rushed to rejoin the army but was refused entry because Virgil Acciai is was listed as a casualty during the Egyptian War. Virgil tried to prove his identity, but was told in no uncertain terms "The Military, The Government, The land itself is an extension of His Majesties will! Accusing the Military of being mistaken is paramount to slandering King Vittorio Himself!

His worldview crushed a cruel twist of fate, he found solace in his fathers Tomes, trying desperately to make some kind of sense of his life. As the election Draws near, he has learned one thing for sure. Something must be changed, the only Question, is what?

Party: I Pret

-Virgil Acciai
[Demagogue]
[None]

((Private))
Demagogue Ability: Agitation

Virgil has been spending time, telling anyone with a sympathetic ear about his trials and tribulations with his Time in Egypt, what he calls "A True Soldiers Tale." Not one of Glory fighting infidels, but of sweltering heat in a foreign and hostile land. Fighting a War of which you see no spoils. Not of Respect from your fellow countryman, but scorn from the upper class.