• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

etoxican

Recruit
Oct 28, 2014
When I first purchased this game on the Humble Bundle, I installed it on my Kindle Fire and played the hell out of it. When I had to reset to factory settings, I downloaded the game again, installed it on my Fire, and when I started up...it told me I needed Google Play Services and promptly exited. Okay seriously, it didn't need that last time, so where the hell do I get the version I had before?

Hi etoxican!

We recently added GooglePlay achievements and leaderboards to the game because we had been asked for them.

We honestly don't test on KindleFires regularly yet (it's on our to-do list), so we may be running into incompatibility here. You should be able to dismiss the "Couldn't connect to GP" message and to just go on playing. By your description, I get the impression that you're seeing a system message. Is that correct?

If you can't dismiss-continue and can not or don't want to activate GP on your Fire, things get a bit trickier, because we don't distribute the old 2.03 .apk anymore. I'm thinking of ways of getting it to you; can you please meanwhile confirm that this is really your only feasible option?