• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
You mean diplomatic annexation? All my kids and grandkids are spoken for and I want to keep my armies in practice.

Oh, it's 803 and still no event, but the Destruction of Irminsul did fire in 798 when Braunschweig was taken by "Thomas of Catholic Revolt."

"Offer vassalization". If you're his de jure liege, from the same religion and 2 ranks higher than him (ie you're a king and he's a count) he should accept. The Viking Age not firing is weird though. Maybe the version you were playing with when you went through 793 had a bug.

If nothing works you could invest some technology points in shipbuilding and build the shipyards yourself.

What is the code to start the event?
(The console code)

This is the trigger:

# Start of the Viking Age
narrative_event = {
id = CM.503
title = EVTTITLE_CM_503
desc = EVTDESC_CM_503
picture = GFX_evt_vikings_arriving_oldgods

major = yes

is_triggered_only = yes

trigger = {
year = 793
NOT = { year = 867 }
NOT = { has_global_flag = viking_age_started }
religion = catholic
controls_religion = yes # Let it happen for the Pope - he's always around
has_global_flag = game_start_charlemagne
}

As far as I know, this means that once the game hits 793, the event CAN fire, not that it will fire right away. Most often it will, tough.
So don't despair, folks. It may fire in a few years, most likely. If not, then it's bugged, as stated by other people.

EDIT: Damn, didn't realise this was a necro'ed post...

This is the trigger:

# Start of the Viking Age
narrative_event = {
id = CM.503
title = EVTTITLE_CM_503
desc = EVTDESC_CM_503
picture = GFX_evt_vikings_arriving_oldgods

major = yes

is_triggered_only = yes

trigger = {
year = 793
NOT = { year = 867 }
NOT = { has_global_flag = viking_age_started }
religion = catholic
controls_religion = yes # Let it happen for the Pope - he's always around
has_global_flag = game_start_charlemagne
}

As far as I know, this means that once the game hits 793, the event CAN fire, not that it will fire right away. Most often it will, tough.
So don't despair, folks. It may fire in a few years, most likely. If not, then it's bugged, as stated by other people.

EDIT: Damn, didn't realise this was a necro'ed post...
Necroing is when you do something short in a post, if it is a meaningful question, then it isn't considered necro.

Reactions: