• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

SirRitter

First Lieutenant
1 Badges
Oct 1, 2014
  • Crusader Kings II
You guys should give it a shot, it actually works pretty well. All you have to do is uncheck the little box when saving your games(to save uncompressed) and then open the save game file and edit the text. You can also change the character linked linked in the entry and link event images(i.e: "picture=GFX_evt_batle").

There is a limit to how much text you can input though. More than 5 lines of text and the chronicle crashes when you try to open it.

Editing the text of your dynasty's chronicle... Lot of people complain that the automated entries are bland and repetitive. You can actually do it quite easily by going to your save game file.

He was mocking you because the chronicles left many players quite indifferent, to the point that they could disappear and people wouldn't even notice :). So far, one of the most pointless efforts from the Paradox guys.

Oh. Well, it is useful to keep track of the history of your dynasty and by editing it you can make it work quite nicely though :)

It doesn't even do that! It fails to take note of any children that were born of my current ruler passed the firstborn son. It also doesn't tell me why I went to war with someone! Nor does it include significant pitched battles! It also doesn't tell me whom I usurped a title from if they were only a single-county ruler!

By editing the file you can do that ;). Just make sure you activate "charinfo" on console so that you get the character code for the newly born children. That way you can mark them on entries. "This year Z was born King X and Queen Y" or whatever else you like. You can even the birth event picture: picture="GFX_evt_birth".

Pity they couldn't develop it more though. As of now I only could find real use for it by editing my save file every couple of years so that the chronicle actually makes sense and actually records important events.

Did they ever fix that bug about every daughter being noted as firstborn daughter, while the actual firstborn daughter not taken in by the chronicle at all?

Did they ever fix that bug about every daughter being noted as firstborn daughter, while the actual firstborn daughter not taken in by the chronicle at all?

I don't know about that but the chronicle didn't seem to even note the birth, marriage or death of any my children in my last game including my only heir's death.