• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Blastaz

Field Marshal
168 Badges
Nov 19, 2003
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44 Deluxe Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Field Marshal
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Tyranny: Gold Edition
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Knights of Honor
  • Crusader Kings Complete
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • BATTLETECH
  • Surviving Mars
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Tyranny - Tales from the Tiers
  • Tyranny - Bastards Wound
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Age of Wonders: Shadow Magic
  • Age of Wonders
  • Magicka 2
  • Age of Wonders II
  • Steel Division: Normand 44 - Second Wave
  • Hearts of Iron 4: Arms Against Tyranny
  • Teleglitch: Die More Edition
  • Warlock 2: The Exiled
  • Warlock 2: Wrath of the Nagas
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Magicka: Wizard Wars Founder Wizard
  • Europa Universalis: Rome Collectors Edition
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Ancient Space
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Knights of Pen and Paper 2
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
Does anyone have a link to the narrative events for Charlemagne/ a guide/good AAR to playing as him?

My google fu is failing badly...

The game pretty much guides you from what I've been able to observe. In the beginning, your mother is quite in charge. Then they bring your historical pals about and try to marry you into the Lombard royal family. Provinces turn from Frankish to French spontaneously and a characters do so at a much faster rate. You can swim against the tide or embrace it, dunno what the roleplaying implications are (i.e. any events etc.), other than obviously you lose the heavy infantry cultural retinue and get the knights. (Which has not been optimal so far for my CM because he has the HI Commander trait, so I won't be changing until I earn Cav Commander, but it will mark a symbolic transition from post-tribal society to feudal Frenchness when it happens, and it should perhaps facilitate integration with the Occitan parts of your realm.) I suspect there will be some papal-related events around 800 AD and perhaps something to spice up my relations with the Byzzies. I went for a Byzzie marriage instead of Lombardian, so it might get tricky with Italy.

You can read Wiki entries for him, his brother, his mother, father maybe, the Byzzies, Desiderius and the Kingdom of Asturias and the Umayyad Caliphate in Spain, and Saxon wars. Reading Wiki will give you just enough of a picture to know what's going on without getting too serious about the history.

It could also be a good idea to read the CK2 Song of Roland e-book for two bucks. What better introduction could there be? ;)