• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

TotalyMoo

Manager of Things
94 Badges
Jun 5, 2012
  • Magicka
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • For The Glory
  • For the Motherland
  • Gettysburg
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Impire
  • King Arthur II
  • Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition
  • Leviathan: Warships
  • The Kings Crusade
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Majesty 2
  • Majesty 2 Collection
  • March of the Eagles
  • Sengoku
  • Naval War: Arctic Circle
  • Penumbra - Black Plague
  • Pirates of Black Cove
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Rome Gold
  • Semper Fi
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Ancient Space
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon
  • Cities in Motion
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • A Game of Dwarves
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Commander: Conquest of the Americas
  • Darkest Hour
  • Dungeonland
  • East India Company Collection
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
UPDATE 31/10

Time changed to CET, summer time is no more.
We're running with the beta patch 2.2.0.3

Greetings kings, dukes, counts, emperors, queens, maharajahs, sultans and lords! (okay stopping there, too many titles in CK2)

Paradox Extra, our new community YouTube project (LEARN MORE HERE), will be hosting a public Multiplayer game for Charlemagne this coming month. The game will be ran and hosted by our fellow Paradoxian Rojiru, accompanied by content producers Deckard6, sordonez, Texas_Jack (aka History Nerd) and glaivemaster. The sessions will be recorded from each of the aforementioned Paradoxians perspectives and uploaded as highlight videos on Paradox Extra (full length on the producers own channels).

What does this have to do with you? Well, you're free to join and participate! Our content producers have picked their starting characters, everything else is up for grabs!

List of grabbed characters
sordonez - Charlemagne
deckard6 - Umayyads
rojiru - Byzantines
Texas_Jack - Bulgaria
glaivemaster - Pictland

Some rules
  • Characters / countries are first come first serve for everyone that is not a content producer
  • You are not obliged to attend every playdate if you wish to participate
  • Keep the chat PG13, remember that everything is recorded
  • Listen to the host and behave. If they ask you to do something, please respect this.
  • Avoid at all costs killing (as in game over) any of the content producers
  • Enjoy yourself!

Basic information
  • The games will be hosted 19:00 CET on Saturdays starting November 1st - ending four playdates later
  • Sessions last for 2 hours
  • Every major DLC except Sunset Invasion will be activated (you do not need these installed to participate)
  • Every game will have the password "paradoxextra"
  • The game will be played in speed 3

Want to go the extra mile? Paradox Extra is always looking for more content producers from our community, and there are many ways to contribute. Want to write a blog or AAR about the game? Send me a message and we can make them official! Got the time and skills to participate in every playdate and record your own Point of View? Send me a message before we start and you can join the production team!

Got any questions? Post them here and I'll do my best to reply (and possibly amend this post).

Cheers,
John & the PE Team

(lol PE)

List of preferred characters (Entirely dependable on "Gentleman agreement") - last update 27.10.01.15 GMT+2

Damarrocarion - Zunbil Satrapy (possibly Bavandid)
NewbieOne - ----- (Derbent, Asturias, Karloman)
Voigt - Doux of Sicily (or other Byzantine vassal)
User29 - Pala
Rozmary - Abbasids
Mithradates VI - Abbasids (2nd in que) or Duke of Aquitaine
Sarius1997 - Alemania
Fulmen - Tribe of Tavastians
Matthias wlkp - Duke of Brittany/Normandy/Eastern Pagan
Resistance0108 - Khazaria
Robincorbois - Mercia
Finnishviking - Finnish chief somewhere
Ols - "Any Muslim"
Jorlem - Greater Poland
Liar - King of Manav
Aaronomus - Svibjob (Sigurd)
Kljunas - Eastern pagan (?)
Vasious - Avars
Milith - Marrakesh
Morgothic - Wessex
Arrowfiend - Sigurd (2nd in que)
Carmichael - Niall of Tir Eoghain/Duke Hunoald of Aquitaine
Pagz - no preference
Sunspawn - Northumbria
Correctamundo - "Somewhere in India"
Yuiiut - "Somewhere in India"
Orctavious - no preference
Killerbee- Venice or Lombardy (2nd in que)
Riccardo04 - "Some Republic"
Ozamu - Taid emirate (Khorasan)
Schon - Sultan of Egypt
Kkrive500 - Lombardy
Uncledead - Abbasids or Khazaria (4th in que, 2nd in que respectively)
IronXz - Count of Oppland
Crossroad7 - Croatia
Carsomyr Khan - Pechenegs
Gball - Barbarian hordes(?)
CompositeGNR - Count of Bourbon
Matthias_Wlkp - Frisia
Proxycell - Ghana
AShadowAtDawn - Karloman / Russian prince
Riadach - Ormond
Kansai-Kun - Flanders

Last edited:
WORKING ck2 mp game?
Damn, I'm in.
I was waiting for ck2 MP to get fixed for months.

So i want to pick Abbasids. Got bored from growing from nothing to empire in 2 generations.

Edit, list from 5 page, will be easier to find there:
List of grabbed characters

sordonez - Charlemagne
deckard6 - Umayyads
rojiru - Byzantines
Texas_Jack - Bulgaria
glaivemaster - Pictland

List of preferred characters (Entirely dependable on "Gentleman agreement" of honoring first-come-first-served principle) - last update 26.10.11.10 GMT+2

Damarrocarion - Zunbil Satrapy (possibly Bavandid)
NewbieOne - -----
Voigt - Doux of Sicily (or other Byzantine vassal)
User29 - Pala
Rozmary - Abbasids
Mithradates VI - Abbasids (2nd in que)
Sarius1997 - Alemania
Fulmen - Tribe of Tavastians
Matthias wlkp - Duke of Brittany/Normandy/Eastern Pagan
Resistance0108 - Khazaria
Robincorbois - Mercia
Finnishviking - Finnish chief somewhere
Ols - Muslim in Africa or Abbasids
Jorlem - Greater Poland
Liar - King of Manav
Aaronomus - Svibjob (Sigurd)
Schon - some vassal...
Kljunas - Eastern pagan (?)
Vasious - Avars
Milith - Marrakesh
Morgothic - Wessex
Arrowfiend - Sigurd (2nd in que)
Carmichael - Niall of Tir Eoghain/Duke Hunoald of Aquitaine
Pagz - no preference
Sunspawn - Northumbria
Correctamundo - "Somewhere in India"
Yuiiut - "Somewhere in India"
Orctavious - no preference
Killerbee- Venice or Lombardy (2nd in que)
Riccardo04 - "Some Republic"
Ozamu - Taid emirate (Khorasan)
Schon - Sultan of Egypt
Kkrive500 - Lombardy
Uncledead - Abbasids or Khazaria (4th in que, 2nd in que respectively)
IronXz - Count of Oppland
Crossroad7 - Croatia
Carsomyr Khan - Pechenegs

Last edited:
So how do I join exactly?

Turn up on the game room or say here that "Damarrocarion chooses Zunbils!" ? (if yes, that was my pick)

Turn up in the game room and pick your character, pretty much :)

Avoid at all costs killing (as in game over) any of the content producers

Change that rule, it makes you look bad/weak, disadvantaging the content producers and taking away from their successes/victories. Kinda sounds like Dunk's trial by combat vs Aerion Brightfire.

Before the melee began, Baelor advised Dunk's champions to use tourney lances, which would strike before their opponents' shorter war lances in the opening tilt. He also noted that the three Kingsguard knights on the opposing side would be sworn not to harm him…

WORKING ck2 mp game?
Damn, I'm in.
I was waiting for ck2 MP to get fixed for months.

I can pick Abbasids. Got bored from growing from nothing to empire in 2 generations.

Bugs? That's just our way to up the difficulty!

(In all seriousness; if the beta branch is any indication we're looking at more stable MP within not too long, but I'm no dev and I'm just theorizing, hehe)

Bugs? That's just our way to up the difficulty!

(In all seriousness; if the beta branch is any indication we're looking at more stable MP within not too long, but I'm no dev and I'm just theorizing, hehe)

We were playing some campaign before the release of the CM, 6-10 players, and just hosting/rehosting the game was like the game itself. :p

Played it for 120-140 years (starting in Alexiada) and then finally we gave up.
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-...I/AAAAAAAAJuc/70A2Gy2hLZ4/s1024/ck2_map_9.jpg

Change that rule, it makes you look bad. Kinda sounds like Aerion Brightfire's trial by combat.

Before the melee began, Baelor advised Dunk's champions to use tourney lances, which would strike before their opponents' shorter war lances in the opening tilt. He also noted that the three Kingsguard knights on the opposing side would be sworn not to harm him…

There are several ways to push a person close to oblivion without killing them. This MP game is mainly to produce an entertaining and interesting series of videos, and not a competition. Thus killing our producers would not be optimal ;)

There are several ways to push a person close to oblivion without killing them. This MP game is mainly to produce an entertaining and interesting series of videos, and not a competition. Thus killing our producers would not be optimal ;)

Yeah, I know (plus you could bury them under a cushion of vassalage as simple counts without killing them etc.), but still, it kinda looks like a prince in a tournament. ;) It's the 'at all costs' part which causes this effect.

I might want to join in as a Celt or try to pull off a coup in Armenia.

Right now I'm looking for a playable saint from the CM timeline to put in my Lives of the Saints, but can't find anybody (found at least three in the 867 start but none in the 769, apart from Karl himself and his controversial cult). This said, being a pain in CM's side as Karloman or Desiderius does feel quite tempting. As Desiderius I could also troll rojiru and his Byzzies when waiting out truces with CM...

Last edited:
Yeah, I know (plus you could bury them under a cushion of vassalage as simple counts without killing them etc.), but still, it kinda looks like a prince in a tournament. ;) It's the 'at all costs' part which causes this effect.

I just imagine their rulers are really rich and have some end of life securities protecting them from, well, dying.

You won't be punished for killing them or anything, we're not that mad, just would rather not see this as your main goal of playing :p

Sounds brilliant! I'm not used to starting above duke-tier in CK2, so this'll be interesting. Maybe I'll go down the vassal route.

Multiplayer is fun that way, so many new ways to play and think due to smarter and less predictable opponents! :)

I'm interested next Saturday as I'm busy this one, is that a possibility?