What's your favourite new aspect of HoI4 that we know about so far

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

What's your fave new feature that we've heard about so far?

• Battle plans

Votes: 39 28,3%
  • Production lines

Votes: 82 59,4%
  • Variants and experience

Votes: 24 17,4%
  • The division builder and battalions

Votes: 50 36,2%
  • The new air warfare

Votes: 29 21,0%
  • The new naval warfare

Votes: 37 26,8%
  • Artsy leader portaits

Votes: 16 11,6%
  • National dogs

Votes: 27 19,6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Axe99

Ships for Victory
128 Badges
Feb 13, 2003
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
  • Battle for Bosporus
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Victoria 3 Sign Up
  • Hearts of Iron IV: By Blood Alone
  • Hearts of Iron IV: No Step Back
  • Hearts of Iron 4: Arms Against Tyranny
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • For The Glory
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Lead and Gold
  • The Kings Crusade
  • Magicka
  • Majesty 2
  • Majesty 2 Collection
  • March of the Eagles
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Rome Gold
  • Semper Fi
  • Ship Simulator Extremes
  • Sword of the Stars
  • Supreme Ruler 2020
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • 500k Club
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Pride of Nations
  • Rise of Prussia
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
Dag nab it, I'm lookin' forward to HoI4, and while it's easy to think about some things that might be changing that we might miss, there's a bunch of good stuff incoming as well, so just posting this up for a bit of fun/to focus on the positives of what we've heard so far - what's your favourite 'new' development we've heard of in the DD? Apologies for silly levels of excitement :). Also apologies for likely forgetting something.

Edit: It's multi-choice, so if you can't pick between air warfare and national dogs, pick both :).

It's a close tie between production lines, variants and the new air and naval systems.

I like everything except national dogs(luckily not a real feature), air warfare (maybe I will like it, it all depends if I can still micromanage it or not) and I really don't like the idea of these experience points.

To be honest, I'm not terribly enthused by any of them. I'm hoping the whole is better than the sum of its parts. ;-)

My least favourite idea is the Battle Plans one, so far. I'm willing to give that a chance and see how it works in practice, though.

My least favourite thing is not in the poll - my least favourite thing is the map.

Luckily the poll is about the most favourite thing then ;). I didn't put the map in because it's not really a new feature, but it's stylings could have made the cut, my bad. The air, naval, production lines and variants are the things I think that could have the most potential to really mix up the gameplay from past HoI's in a good way, although there's a lot of potential in all of them and the battle plans could be huge.

The new production is kind of obvious and it will make the game more realistic looking as well as offer I guess a bigger challenge and force you to think strategically about production in a way you don't have to do in hoi3.

Battle plans I picked but I don't know enough about it. It would be nice if it gives you the option to cut the micro but still retain flexibility.

the new production lines, and the new division builder based in battalions

The new production lines. I say this as much for the feature itself as for it indirectly causing the abolishment of the old strategic resource stockpiles. For me, it took so much away from the war for nations, especially the Axis, to be able to stockpile all they need before the war starts.

Production Lines for me. Will makes things very interesting.
I'm with you on that one. Of all of the changes, this one is the most interesting right now. Some of the others lack information for me to really get excited about them, though I think they are all mostly positive changes- so it could be interesting to see what the results of a similar poll are in a 1-2 months time.

I'll have to say production lines and variants. I really like the concept of the battle planner, but almost all the excitement for that feature went away when hierarchical elements were told to have been dropped.

Well I cant really vote til I play the game, I have heard/seen this before that once you open the package and play it, you realize it wasn't what you expected.

I would wait on this...

I want to change my vote. Initially I didn't see "National Dogs". That is the winner hands down.

Well I cant really vote til I play the game, I have heard/seen this before that once you open the package and play it, you realize it wasn't what you expected.

I would wait on this...

This is just based on what we've heard so far - like Olfert Fischer said, it'll be interesting to see what we all think in a couple of months time when we know more, and again a month or so after the game's launched and we've had enough time to get our head around it (takes me a month or so to start to get a feel for PDS games at least, so many systems :)).

people actually like national dogs more then the new leader portaits!? WTF

people actually like national dogs more then the new leader portaits!? WTF
It is a joke, fact that so many voted for it proves that people love PI for doing jokes like that and interacting with community :) It sucks that i still don`t know how to throw money to the screen properly, it always keeps bouncing back... But at least i finally bought EU4, i am glad i did, i have not played a lot yet, i want to wait till i finish my CK2 game so i can port my Roman Empire into it :)

Dag nab it, I'm lookin' forward to HoI4, and while it's easy to think about some things that might be changing that we might miss, there's a bunch of good stuff incoming as well, so just posting this up for a bit of fun/to focus on the positives of what we've heard so far - what's your favourite 'new' development we've heard of in the DD? Apologies for silly levels of excitement :). Also apologies for likely forgetting something.

Edit: It's multi-choice, so if you can't pick between air warfare and national dogs, pick both :).

You shouldn't have the ability to create polls, so this one is be closed for now

Status
Not open for further replies.