• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

soda7777777

Wer rettet uns den Frieden wenn nicht wir selbst?
63 Badges
Aug 18, 2011
  • 500k Club
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
Was just looking at the map and how big it is with India, and wondered how people felt about it. Good? Bad? Neutral?

I like the DLC. There isn't much about it I don't like but I suppose playing as an indian ruler can get boring after a while. It reminds me of ireland and iceland because it's slightly isolated from the rest of the world..

It's frustrating; it's this gigantic gameplay area that largely does not interact with anyone else because its only connection to the rest of the world is through the tiny choke point of the Hindu Kush. If there was a Tibet to the north that it could interact with, it would expand the amount of ways you could play, but right now unless you're on the border of the Muslim world, you're playing the claim game, which is extremely boring. I think the only thing they can do to make India more interesting is to expand the world.

I like the mechanics and culture and crazy dynamics that the Indian expansion added to the game, but I wish it had more opportunities to participate in the larger world narrative.

I'm about to start a longer playthrough to try and bring the Chola dynasty back to its earlier resplendence, but my impressions so far are that it's kind of slow-paced. You've got a gigantic area with few internal waterways that matter in-game, a whole bunch of religions that all get along with one another for the most part, and no way to start big wars besides chipping away with once-in-a-lifetime karma subjugations...IF you have neighbors of the same culture group.

On the flip side, you get crazy advanced empires thanks to Gurus and other mechanics reflecting India's intellectual gigantism of the period, and while holy warring your way to a blob isn't an option, there's all the opportunity in the world for marriage intrigue. I don't really like the Old Gods start for them, given that it's Romance of the Three Blobs, but I like the idea of building a kingdom that could stave off the Mongols and the Turks, slowly but surely. Like I said, it's a slow play style, which can be good or bad depending on the player. For people who tab in and out of the game while doing work, it's perfect.

I bought RoI the moment it released same as every other DLC but I mostly bought this one just because I love CK2 and want to have every bit of content for it available. That said, I've never played in India, I never will and I never even bother to look over there to see what's going on... because I don't care. I have dark/middle age Europe and the middle east on the map. Very interesting place in these times. I don't feel like India belongs in the game.

I have RoI and I am very interested in India. But I feel it should be an area for another game. Maybe call it "Dynasties of the Ancient World" or something.

Playing as an Indian realm, by the time I blobbed enough to take on the big league in Persia and Arabia, I start to lose interest. I took Baghdad and haven't played it since.

Maybe one day I would conquer it, but for now I'm dealing with uniting Britannia, fending off vikings, and KEEPING THOSE GODDAMN KARLINGS IN LINE.

Just like in real life.
It's a big place I don't care about in a location I don't care about.

lol

I don't particularly care to play in the region much but I like the Dharmic religions. I've played with them a lot outside of the subcontinent, Buddhist Cuman Khanate, Jain Persia and so forth.

I've looked at it once or twice, and it feels a bit silly being a western ruler knowing the ins and outs of Indian politics. Other than that never been involved in any gameplay near there and I doubt I ever will be.

Love the DLC. India is needed to properly represent the vast interlinked Eurasia. China is too, but for logistical reasons that is impossible.

Very unappealing, underwhelming and plain boring.

You are landlocked by all sides, forced to fight the same type of enemy and lack of interesting events.

Trying to rule India as a Jewish homosexual is EXTREMELY fun because the challenge, I'll give it that.

I thought it was a waste of time at first, but trying to conquer it as the Abbasids and Mongols can be fun.

~meh. It's there. Sometimes. Other times I play with SWMH and then it isn't. I tend to barely notice.

It's okay-ish for playing Persian games in the region, even if I don't conquer India at least there's some neighbors there instead of solid nothingness. India itself doesn't really appeal to me though.