• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Oh shit I totally forgot.

I'll get to it right away. I just create my own Cathar character? Got it. Let's do this shit.

Hmmmm, I need to pick something out of the way...

EDIT: No DLC necessary? I guess I should play safe and turn them all off then. Just to be sure. (Just blows that we can't have a Charlemagne chronicle.)

EDIT2: But would that even make sense? Then everyone might have to turn off dlc... ah well.

EDIT3: Well, apparently you need Charlemagne and Old Gods DLC's for the earliest starting dates. 1066 it is!

Last edited:
Go go Catharism, my favorite of the Christian heresies! I won't volunteer to join, but this does look fun. But I am a little confused: do you jump only to followers of Catharism, or when you jump, do you edit your new character to be Cathar?

Got it! The opening blurb in the first post confused me, but that makes a lot more sense.

This isn't a jump game, but a succession game where we play the successor to the realm. So all of us here are future progenies of siempie78.

I must say that starting as the Latin Empire is kind of mad, lol. I'm pretty sure there is supposed to be a historical Cathar noblemen in Aquitaine or something that.

This isn't a jump game, but a succession game where we play the successor to the realm. So all of us here are future progenies of siempie78.

I must say that starting as the Latin Empire is kind of mad, lol. I'm pretty sure there is supposed to be a historical Cathar noblemen in Aquitaine or something that.

Well, so is turning of Europe Cathar ;). Trust in me and Lutbert's backstory, we won't let you down. We hope.

Got it! The opening blurb in the first post confused me, but that makes a lot more sense.

I apologize for the cofusion! I mentioned Divine Influence because they gave me inspiration for starting Catharclsym, but it's nice to have you along! If you'll change your mind, let me know

EDIT: also I am so pumped for Latin empire :p, it will be hard not to blob like crazy :D

I apologize for the cofusion! I mentioned Divine Influence because they gave me inspiration for starting Catharclsym, but it's nice to have you along! If you'll change your mind, let me know

EDIT: also I am so pumped for Latin empire :p, it will be hard not to blob like crazy :D

I expect great things! Lutbert just bit the bullet and has (after a reign of 24 years) set the stage for a new world order!

Also, we might want to look at the EU4 improvement mod, I believe they've got catharism added in as a separate religion. That way, we can catholic and cathar separate, would be a better eu4 ;).

EDIT: I'll drop the save in this post, so the next player can start working his/her magic. My advice for everyone else would be not to self-spoil by looking at it and wait for the AARs ;).

http://www.mediafire.com/download/q4djab327b0uqol/Catharclysm.ck2

I expect great things! Lutbert just bit the bullet and has (after a reign of 24 years) set the stage for a new world order!

Also, we might want to look at the EU4 improvement mod, I believe they've got catharism added in as a separate religion. That way, we can catholic and cathar separate, would be a better eu4 ;).

EDIT: I'll drop the save in this post, so the next player can start working his/her magic. My advice for everyone else would be not to self-spoil by looking at it and wait for the AARs ;).

http://www.mediafire.com/download/q4djab327b0uqol/Catharclysm.ck2

Thank you for that! Now, please PM Zerois about his turn
!

Last edited:
Well, so is turning of Europe Cathar ;). Trust in me and Lutbert's backstory, we won't let you down. We hope.

Well, of course, your Imperial Majesty and future great-grandfather. :p

It isn't the best to start at earliest startdate to make the game longer? Not in ~1200?
Or I'm mistaken and it started in CM/TOG?

We're playing without major dlc's, so CM/TOG was simply out of the question... and everything continues into EU4. 240 years should be enough to sorta beat the catholics, right?

EDIT: and 240 years should be around 10 rulers, hell, my guy ruled 24 years!

EDIT2: oh and it's a megacampaign so it shouldn't matter that much in the long run ;).

We're playing without major dlc's, so CM/TOG was simply out of the question... and everything continues into EU4. 240 years should be enough to sorta beat the catholics, right?

EDIT: and 240 years should be around 10 rulers, hell, my guy ruled 24 years!

EDIT2: oh and it's a megacampaign so it shouldn't matter that much in the long run ;).

Since the game is designed to be modular, it doesn't matter what DLCs are on or not (though Charlemagne/The Old Gods startdates may be an issue, don't know). Also, since we want Cathar to become orthodox, Sons of Abraham is a must.