• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Chumley

Corporal
10 Badges
Oct 21, 2014
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • Warlock 2: The Exiled
  • Warlock 2: Wrath of the Nagas
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Prison Architect
  • Crusader Kings III
I just loaded up Warlock 2: The Exiled (without the new expansion), continued a saved game and I noticed two possible bugs:

1. When I destroy one of my own cities that's level 2+, I no longer receive a settler unit. Is that working as intended?

2. The hexagonal icons above the unit sprites are no longer white on a colored background. Now they are off-white with a strange greenish hue. They look kinda bad, so I'm hoping this is a bug.

I'm excited to get the expansion soon, too! Looking forward to trying out the Nagas.

1) Did you recently take over this city? Cities which were recently plundered (have that debuff) will not give a settler when razed, but regular cities should. Tested this myself just now, and for me it seemed to work as intended, but please verify.

2) Could you provide a screenshot?

Produit: Could you verify this, and detail what you're doing and when it stops working as intended? I can't seem to reproduce the problem (also, remember that you still need to have vision to your target point, either from one of your own units or from an ally).

1) Did you recently take over this city? Cities which were recently plundered (have that debuff) will not give a settler when razed, but regular cities should. Tested this myself just now, and for me it seemed to work as intended, but please verify.
Yes, you're right -- only recently plundered cities yield no settler. A good change, I think.

2) Could you provide a screenshot?
The picture below shows the issue. It's most apparent in the brown icons in this pic, but I notice it with all icons that are light shapes on color (the black shapes on color are fine, as you can see with the caster unit in the lower left).

Warlock-Icon-Bug.jpg

I'm running a MSI GeForce GTX 760 2GB 256-Bit GDDR5 graphics card in a Windows 8.1 desktop PC.

Note that I did not notice any issues with the Meta-Teleportation spell. It worked fine for me between shards.

Chumley, pretty sure the brown "monsters" faction has always looked like that.

Just compared the color code in data.xml from this patch, last patch, and launch. And it matches for all three. So it's possible something else is going on to make it look different for you. Because it looks normal to me.

You dont see the baby diaper greenish hue to the swords and teeth/mouth Shidan? They are like this on my game too. Looks weird. Cant be intentional.
Ah, now I see it. Hadn't looked really closely at the symbols. Though the point still stand that the colors haven't actually changed, something else has to be doing it.

Produit: Could you verify this, and detail what you're doing and when it stops working as intended? I can't seem to reproduce the problem (also, remember that you still need to have vision to your target point, either from one of your own units or from an ally).

FWIW I'm seeing similar behaviour with regards to meta-teleportation. I cast the spell, select a unit, then go to the world navigation page, click the world that I want to transit to, and the pointer isn't the wand that I'd expect, it's the standard selection hand which doesn't let me place the unit.

FWIW I'm seeing similar behaviour with regards to meta-teleportation. I cast the spell, select a unit, then go to the world navigation page, click the world that I want to transit to, and the pointer isn't the wand that I'd expect, it's the standard selection hand which doesn't let me place the unit.
Have you tried using the mini world navigation page? That's what I've always used and I've never had this issue.

Have you tried using the mini world navigation page? That's what I've always used and I've never had this issue.

Cool yep that works fine for me, so it just seems to be the combination of meta-teleport and going via the main worlds panel that's bugged (fairly sure it worked ok before wrath of the nagas came out.)

1)Tritons need 2 movepoints for 1 hex on land. All other Nagas use 1 movepoint for 1 hex. Is tritons bugged?
2)When Naga mages use their Water Spear (or something like that) ability, animation "attacks" them, not the target. This is only animation glitch through, ability itself work normal.
3)Tal-Klessil achievement still broken. And he still sucks.

1)Tritons need 2 movepoints for 1 hex on land. All other Nagas use 1 movepoint for 1 hex. Is tritons bugged?
2)When Naga mages use their Water Spear (or something like that) ability, animation "attacks" them, not the target. This is only animation glitch through, ability itself work normal.
3)Tal-Klessil achievement still broken. And he still sucks.

1. They have there own movement type "Tritonic" which has trouble navigating land. Not likely a bug.

3. Might I recommend this mod? http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=334296296
As far as his strength goes. It's intentional. He was designed for people who wanted an extra challenge.