• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Geekodot

Second Lieutenant
80 Badges
Mar 11, 2014
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • March of the Eagles
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Tyranny: Gold Edition
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Field Marshal
  • Stellaris
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Cities: Skylines
Has anyone managed to convert a game that has been running for a while? It seems to crash every time for me. I've been trying some test conversions now and again, because I'd like to continue my game in EU4 in a few hundred years, but I am really getting worried as I haven't managed to convert it even once.

As of right now, especially if you're playing Ironman, you really should wait to convert until you're absolutely finished with everything you possibly want to do. Download the Improved Converter (oh hai, you're in the thread) from Steam and convert with that instead of the vanilla converter cause honey? That thing is broke.

Do you have a custom kingdoms in your game or lots of rebellions?
I do have a custom kingdom, but I only try to convert when there is close to no visible rebellions on the map. :)

I suppose waiting for the improved converter to get updated to Charlemagne is a possibility. Finishing the game should take a while in any case.

I do have a custom kingdom, but I only try to convert when there is close to no visible rebellions on the map. :)

I suppose waiting for the improved converter to get updated to Charlemagne is a possibility. Finishing the game should take a while in any case.
Yeah, your screwed then. The Custom Kingdom Titles are in a different file format than the regular titles. The Converter doesn't recognize it and crashes.

Didn't they say they fixed the converter crashes? That's why I started this new game!!!!!

Didn't they say they fixed the converter crashes? That's why I started this new game!!!!!

The Converter has been broken since it was released and the game has outpaced it something fierce. Stick with using the mod converter and only enabling it when you are ready to convert.