• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

delpiero1234

WritAAR
34 Badges
Jun 24, 2012
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Imperator: Rome Sign Up
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • 500k Club
  • Warlock 2: The Exiled
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
My chancellor has a 19% chance of fabricating a claim on Cagliari. I'd like to know if I an increase this chance.
For example, does it help if I send my spymaster to Cagliari to create a spy network?

The chancellor unfortunately can not be hurried. :( In the mean time, if a courtier has a claim, you can make him a vassal by giving him land, then press his claim. Assuming his claim is a lower level compared to your main title, he will remain a vassal. If his claim is equal or higher rank than yours, the land you gave him will leave your realm.

Last edited:
The chancellor unfortunately can not be hurried. :( In the mean time, if a courtier has a claim, you can make him a vassal by giving him land, then press his claim. Assuming his claim is a lower level compared to your main title, he will remain a vassal. If his claim is equal or higher rank than yours, the land you gave him will leave your realm.
That's a good tip! Thanks :) Just used it to expand my merchant republic by another province :)

Sorry for using your thread, but it is a similiar question.

I know there is an event, where you can a. either kill or b. bribe the enemy chancellor fabricating a claim on your province. Is there any way to find out if your chancellor has accpeted the bribe and thus wont fabricate it?

That's an interesting question. I never got a pop up about such event, but there were times, when my chancellor got killed or was unsuccessfully fabricating claims for 10+ years...

My chancellor has a 19% chance of fabricating a claim on Cagliari. I'd like to know if I an increase this chance.
For example, does it help if I send my spymaster to Cagliari to create a spy network?

The rub here is that your chancellor may be getting bribed by the target.

Remember that event that pops up sometimes, something like, "My lord, the chancellor from X is fabricating a claim on our title" -> "Ignore him" or "Make him disappear" or "bribe him"? The AI gets that event when you do it, too.

Not sure how you can make the AI less likely to bribe, or your chancellor less likely to accept...

Sorry for using your thread, but it is a similiar question.

I know there is an event, where you can a. either kill or b. bribe the enemy chancellor fabricating a claim on your province. Is there any way to find out if your chancellor has accpeted the bribe and thus wont fabricate it?
It's a hidden flag, so no you never find out. You can "suspect" if the chancellor's efforts are taking much longer than expected, though you may never "know" unless you interrogate the character data in the save.

But that would be cheating... :)

That's an interesting question. I never got a pop up about such event, but there were times, when my chancellor got killed or was unsuccessfully fabricating claims for 10+ years...
I assume it has something to do with the hidden greed modifier of characters. Sometimes switching out your chancellor with one of equal skill (20+) means I get 3 claims in 3 years, while the other guy did nothing for 15 years.
I do however reassign my chancellor to different provinces in hopes to reset the 'bribe'.