Lets take a minute to remember all the good times with the old Revolt Risk

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
do you think every province had a million people in 1444? Most provinces dont even have a million people now

No. But the worlds population in 1800 (the date for the above picture) was about a billion. I believe there are a bit over 1000 provinces. Therefore, almost a million rebels per province in order to have rebels equal to population.

If we instead look at the game start, population was about 400-500 million. However, there are also far less provinces for rebels to spawn since there will be so many un-colonised provinces.

Evidently not every province has a million people, most will have far less. But there will also be provinces with more than a million people, where larger stacks of rebels can form.

But in an uprise, barely every man, woman and child will grab pitchfork and torch and revolt against the authorities. Which, of course, leads us to the problem how to determine a certain % of the population of a province will partake in an uprise, since not everyone of them is unhappy with the current circumstances.
During the peasants war in 1525, ca. 8000 peasents of Württemberg took Stuttgart. Well, the population of Württemberg consisted certainly more then 8000 peasants, but this was the size of the "rebel stack".
In EU4 terms, this is a threat to the army size of Württemberg, since you have around 6000 or so (?), but was only a small percentage of the population.

But in an uprise, barely every man, woman and child will grab pitchfork and torch and revolt against the authorities.

You ARE playing EU4, right?

They should definitely cap the revolt size, especially for smaller countries, in AoW. Something around force limits sounds decent.
And no multiple spawns!

haha, yeah, I know it seems the game is throwing the whole population against us.. but seriously, my post refers to the population vs. rebel size topic.. maybe my example is bad.

Best part is the mega stack of rebels fighting another mega stack of rebels

I've always thought that she be an achievement... have a group of rebels in your province defeat another group of rebels in your province
Call it "We were here first!"
+1