Petition to Make Other reilgions than Cristianity, Islam, And Norse (Germanic) good

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Ryasyr

Major
77 Badges
Jul 6, 2011
  • Sword of the Stars II
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition
  • Magicka
  • March of the Eagles
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Sengoku
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Darkest Hour
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Divine Wind
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Hearts of Iron IV: La Resistance
  • 500k Club
  • War of the Roses
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • Victoria 2
  • Teleglitch: Die More Edition
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis IV
this is my first one. But id like all the other Pagan Religions to get a little love too. Zoroastrians as well. They have become the Abyssinia of reilions in this game. and even Abyssinia doesn't live long (still haven't fixed that) But that's beside the point. id like to see the "other religions' done well. I agree the Tengri might be on this list too. But they often fall to Muslims or Christians, or Norse fast too. So were stuck with the big three. id like to See these religions get a boost to their actions as well. Maybe Nerf the Muslims again? or add more unique event chains, or new religious based decisions. (like with the big 3) Hopefully this will get a few people behind it.

The non-abrahamic, non-indian religions are kinda supposed to die out, though. Why should they be buffed when some of them, such as Tengri, are way stronger than they were historically?

Uh, Tengri is extremely OP in any date before the Mongols convert to Islam. In 769 the Blue Blob consumes all.

the Tengri can be strong or weak depending. Its really a crap shoot for them. yeah they need nerfed some agmes and other games they end up steamrolled

edit 1: yeah but thats only before the TOG start date. They get a lot weaker after the CM start without player intervention

Uh, Tengri is extremely OP in any date before the Mongols convert to Islam. In 769 the Blue Blob consumes all.
- maybe they are indeed OP, but in the same time they are bland and flavorless as an oatmeal.

The non-abrahamic, non-indian religions are kinda supposed to die out, though. Why should they be buffed when some of them, such as Tengri, are way stronger than they were historically?

Because the point of the game is to mess around in a historical sandbox to do whatever you like, including deviating from history - it's actually impossible to follow history exactly in this game. In that vein, allowing the player to take a religion which historically died out and subvert history by supplanting Christianity/Islam with it is something the player should be allowed to do. The Zoroastrians were not really a major factor in the game's timeline either, does that mean the player shouldn't be able to rebuild Zoroastrian Persia?

I disagree with buffing the religions, what I will agree with however is adding more events and decisions for them. It bothers me that Christians and Muslims get tons of flavour while as any pagan other than the Norse get a single festival decision with virtually no events to speak of. There's no incentive whatsoever to play as them, which is especially annoying for Romuva since historically that religion dominated Lithuania well into the 14th century.

- maybe they are indeed OP, but in the same time they are bland and flavorless as an oatmeal.

As a Scotsman I take umbrage at this. Oats, when eaten correctly with water and salt (no sugar) is ambrosia.

I don't think anyone would object to more flavour for the minor religions. Slavic for instance has lots and lots of untapped potential.