• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

RisingSun

Colonel
14 Badges
Mar 26, 2005
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Commander: Conquest of the Americas
  • Darkest Hour
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Iron Cross
  • Semper Fi
  • Victoria 2
  • 500k Club
Everytime I save the game, then take a break, when I come back the music themes play some then go silence. It in peace time right now or late 1936 scenario. I also noticed that there are some music themes in MyDocument under HoI III. But the game file have song folder to execute music depending on actions and situations.

Do I need to wait to see what happen down the roads, or there is a problem?

Using all expansions here (SF, ML and TFH).

Also wondering what is the deadline? Cause I don't see any deadline on the scenario or ingame details while the clock is ticking. So I checked the game page, look like it will end sometime in 1948, but what month and day??

Hi rising sun, long live the emperor!!

The music mutes when you pause the game after some time. After the brake, when u move the mouse and select a unit or something else from the first click the music starts again.

the end-date is at 01.01.1948 unless modded to something else.

Edit. u can find the start and end dates at common/defines file. The common folder is in different location for each version/mods of HOI3

Ah thanks, I been doing a lot of clicking and re-arrange units as well other issues, still nothing happen. I am going to add these songs/themes to media players. And mute the music, never seen this before.

Just playing vanilla here with all three expansions, so no mod.

Btw cant wait for HoI IV :)

Really strange.
While palying with Japan I put in the music theme from Last Samurai movie. To do that I changed the song.txt file and replaced the songs labeled as "axis" with the ones from Last Samurai. the result is great!!

Nope I had my Box Version I bought when it came out and added the expansions from Gamersgate. I also noticed that Gamersgate mention playing those HoI III expansions require Gamersgate's HoI III.

The game ran fine on my Wins 8.1 64, just need to put it on compatible with Wins Vista (2SP).

Sorry, but do people actually listen to the music that comes with the game? It's the first thing I turn off after installing so I can listen to my own music. But hey, taste is a personal thing.

The music selection may freeze the music for a couple of reasons, one is that the mp3 file is scripted in some strange code that the game does not recognize - small details count!

Wrong type of an mp3 may freeze the whole game as it has occurred to me. If you have a program that can edit sound files, the mp3's are better to be edited (just save them as) into ID3v1 rather than ID3v2. The sound quality may suffer a bit since you are making and mp3 out of another mp3 but for this game its not a big defect.

Sorry, but do people actually listen to the music that comes with the game? It's the first thing I turn off after installing so I can listen to my own music. But hey, taste is a personal thing.

Yes. It is still wise to save the default music, especially if you start fresh out with a new nation that doesn't fit in with your current select soundtrack.

Well I put all those mp3 from music folder in HoI III on media player, seem to be okay while listen to them while playing the game. I haven't checked each one by one. Yes it is possible it can freeze the game if one of those mp3 is corrupted.

I tested each mp3s on the music folder, all seem to be working just fine. It look like there a lot of delay between silence and kickin off music in this game. Wasn't like that before. Guess someone been complaining hearing these music themes too often, so they decided to do this.

Last edited:
You can use media player to play the tracks, but you will then lose one of the best finesses of HoI3 music: some tracks will be played sometimes on specific situations only. I have made each country (well, not of course for all of them) a separate music folder which I will change when I start playing a new nation. It is just sort of nice when "Scotland the Brave" starts playing when UK starts an offensive, or "Garryowen" when USA attacks.