• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I just realized that High Tribal Organization gives me 20% tax from all tribal vassals. It should be in the tooltip.

With 20% tax it actually might be a pretty good thing! more money is necessary for me to build up stone hillforts.
Downside: vassals will have less money to build their stone hillforts.

I just instituted this and I'm not getting any taxes at all. Maybe after we get to peace...though that's going to be a while. Yay chaining wars to keep event troops.

Edit: Well, if I check my vassal's balance sheet I see they're giving money to me, but it doesn't appear on my balance sheet and I don't really think my income is any higher than it was.

Last edited:
I just instituted this and I'm not getting any taxes at all. Maybe after we get to peace...though that's going to be a while. Yay chaining wars to keep event troops.

Edit: Well, if I check my vassal's balance sheet I see they're giving money to me, but it doesn't appear on my balance sheet and I don't really think my income is any higher than it was.

I reported the balance sheet bug, but in fact you are receiving the money.

I'd rather take my chances raiding the bajanids/abassids.
Although raiding in addition to the worthless maybe isn't so worthless.

Fortunately, you don't really have to worry about crusades, jihads and holy orders when starting on the steppes.

Eactly: who says you can't raid on High Tribal Organization?

If you're big enough, you can have the vassal levies raised all the time to raid, or at least to reinforce your raiding army (they won't get mad if they're raiding). That way, they will give you taxes while their troops will give you loot. In my current tribal game, take my word for it: I'm not a poor man, not by any definition :p