• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Czert

Lt. General
3 Badges
Mar 20, 2006
  • Europa Universalis III
  • 500k Club
  • Stellaris Sign-up
are here (more) different types of wheater ? after all normal winter and russian winter are two realy different weathers for units in combat ( in -50 deg. of celsius is nearly imposible to fight).
and wheater in desert (with sand storms) are different than normal "hot" climate in italy.
Yes, i know we have thermomether, but i didnt noticed difference for combat with -20 and -50. Same for desert - no sigting of sand storm, when in reality it have a realy big impact on combat.

They're redoing the whole weather thing as far as I understand, apparently they hated HOI3's system as much as I did. We haven't heard anything on the new system though so it could be even worse.

that is have no notoceble effect if your unit fight in 0, - 20 or -50 celsius ? and if there is there wind, blizard , sandstorm ? (ignoring fact these weather effects are not coded in).
Ever heard about famous russian general WINTER ? well, in hoi3 this general is in retirement. And i dont speak about others less famous officers (as romel about colonel sandstorm).

it had an effect, in winter, the supply output is so low I usually halt most major combat operations. especially in the severly undeveloped eastern Russia.

-Weather in HOI3 isn't very realistic as far as I can tell.
-You have to access a different map mode to see what the weather is like. Would be far better if it was shown on the map somehow, or that you could perhaps hold a key to see a 'weather' overlay'.
-You have to select an area province-by-province (to my knowledge) to learn if there's ice or mud.
-Don't know how much weather affected the game anyway. I never bother with checking weather conditions before doing, well, anything in HOI3.
-No weather forecast system.

it had an effect, in winter, the supply output is so low I usually halt most major combat operations. especially in the severly undeveloped eastern Russia.
yeah, only stop offensive in undeveloped regions....where is losing of manpower/equpment/supply even in best developed regions in russia due to genreal winter ? very especialy for first year of german winter adventure in russia ?
where is german inability to even shot from thier wepons in under cca -20 and less ? bad news - russians still were fighting capable in -20. good news at - 50 booths sides were even :)

A weather forecast system would be brilliant, With the Italian navy if I know a fleet is nearby in the med and it is raining or stormy I will go out and look for it knowing that it is unlikely the cags can come out and bother me, Also I tend to have researched radar and have more chance of finding them in bad conditions, Though sometimes I can get caught out by the time I get into an engagement the weather has cleared and without air cover im a sitting duck.

If you could get say a 5 day forecast that would be useful, it can be realistic they say snow and blizzards the reality is 35 degrees and clear then it would be like watching the weather on tv!

In the universe where HoI3 was much better. But in the end it is a matter of preference.

except for the points brought up by safe-keeper weather in HOI3 only worked in the northern hemisphere due to bugs and was almost impossible to balance and tweak. :S

I also expect a mechanic in which your units can hit by lightning. And comets.