• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Just... research Ship Building tech with tech points from your Spymaster? Then you just have to save up about 75 gold, build a ship builder, wait for the galley levies to replenish (use your marshal to speed it up), and raid some Muslims with your boats. I did this in Ireland in less than 10 years.

Can't you use the rent-a-fleet decision when you're at war?

Just... research Ship Building tech with tech points from your Spymaster? Then you just have to save up about 75 gold, build a ship builder, wait for the galley levies to replenish (use your marshal to speed it up), and raid some Muslims with your boats. I did this in Ireland in less than 10 years.

I *think* Socotra is Feudal, so no raiding?

Well balls then. I guess the Ship Tech part still holds true, then take a loan from and expel the Jews for more cash so that you can actually build up your Castle Town infrastructure and Ports?

Isn't it also possible for republics to change capital if they form a new kingdom title? And they wanna relocate to the capital of the kingdom? Or am I misinformed here?

Republics can change their capital to their de jure one. Also: Paradox seemingly didn't adjust the technology for CM. They simply stretched the "ahead penalty". Around 900 AD I'm already at 17/18/16. So there should be no problem with the shipbuilding. 30 years is exaggerated anyway. It was more like 10 years in RoI.