• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hell yeah!!! I want to blitzkrieg into Germany with the Commune of France and liberate the entire world with anarchism!
WillyBridgeBurning_3379.png

HERE'S WILLYYYYYYYYYY!

Reactions:
General Wrangel has long been a Hero of mine!

Since Kaiserreich would need to be remade for HOI IV, I don't think just because someone contributed (without any contract) to Kaiserreich for HoI2 would need to be compensated. The new team should be and the team should have a clear understanding what/how they would be compensated if they live up to their commitments. I can see how Paradox would be concerned about problems dealing with disputes. Since HOI IV will only be sold though Steam I can see how this could be handled. Let the people build the mod/DLC and they can sell it though Steam paying royalties to Paradox on each copy sold (let Steam handle the records & money distribution). They would need to go though a Paradox approval process. So this would not be a Paradox release, but a third party licensed product. Steam will know all the people who bought HOI IV and would be able to market it to them (no need for advertising outside of people who own HOI IV).

I am sure Paradox has some plans for DLCs (it seems to be part of their business model) and has been very friendly to modders. I have seen some very talented modders make some great mods. They have different visions for HOI IV and it would be nice to see Paradox make use of them. I personally see HOI IV as a framework that people will be able to make wonderful things.

Last edited:
İ wish we could get offical answer from paradox about kaiserreich
Why? The only answer we could get now would be No. Give them time to get HOI IV released and get some feedback. They can look at support for a alt history DLC like kaiserreich and check with those they think might be able to make it. Then we might hear about it before beta release.

So continue to show support for the idea and encourage others to also. Add a signature to your profile that supports 'Kaiserreich for HOI IV'.

kaiser wilhelm II agrees!
View attachment 116929

Agreed. I don't think there will be a need to pay for this mod though. That also sets a precedent that the community will not have the agency to make mods and the developers will retain modding tools so they can nickel and dime the community.

If Hearts of Iron IV is as awesome and successful as Darkest Hour and Hearts of Iron II was for mods (unlike Hearts of Iron III), then after sometime the old Kaiserreich community may be revived and possibly even augmented by new players and modders to port the mod/start over from scratch.

Kaiserreich is one of my favorite mods of all time in the history of the universe, I just REALLY think Bulgaria should have ended up leading a Bulgar lead loosely federated Yugoslavia and Romania shouldn't own Bessarabia.

I hope they make HOI4 more like DH, with realistic WW1 scenarios and maybe a "Red Alert"-like scenario starting with the Russian Revolution in 1917 and offering the player the possibility to spread the revolution into the defeated Central Powers and playing on in an awsome what if-scenario.

It is 100 years ago the Great War started and we need a good game set in that time-period from Paradox. Victoria 2 or 3 does't qualify.

I once tried to mod KR for HOI3, I broke my teeth on the minister and leader files

seeing as how those aren't that included anymore and the structure of the files stays pretty much the same (both build on claudewitz) I can maybe recycle some of it with minimal tweeking

the thing that's really hinging upon is the flexibility of the ai (KR has lot's of scenarios were nation A would either be allied with nation B or C against each other and you can't have all it's armies always stored at the same borders

and how the political system works, in vanilla this was not necessary as many nations were not democracies and if they were simply kept the same leaders and political system for the game span

in KR however you have russia which depending on elections and other events can end up being: a communist dictatorship, a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, an absolute monarchy, a constitutional monarchy or a theocracy

this is only one the most extreme of the cases but in the USA alone for example instead of 2 main parties it now has 4, also there are many more countries that have elections

so for now I'll wait and see

I hope they make HOI4 more like DH, with realistic WW1 scenarios and maybe a "Red Alert"-like scenario starting with the Russian Revolution in 1917 and offering the player the possibility to spread the revolution into the defeated Central Powers and playing on in an awsome what if-scenario.

It is 100 years ago the Great War started and we need a good game set in that time-period from Paradox. Victoria 2 or 3 does't qualify.
this

2. Timeline Extension (Into either coldwar or back into the 20's both have major problems because of needing more 'peace time gameplay' and economic modelling.
3. Extending certain systems -> COC, and Economy both come to mind here and an Economy expansion could go into a timeline extension.
4. A WW1 Scenario.
5. Alt History Scenarios/Alternative WW2's.

This. But mostly the WW1 scenario and the alt history scenarios. Lets conquer the world as Austria-Hungary!

I'm sure paradox would love to rope in Kaiserreich and make money off of it. But kaiserreichs development team, if it can even be called, is really more of a massive group of random people who have contributed bits and pieces over years. You know that long series of pop ups at the beginning of every new game? Not there for giggles.

Then it runs into questions like: Who owns the rights to it? How would they determine who gets what percentage? What is that massive amount of effort worth to the Kaiserreich team? What is that effect worth to paradox? Would it even be worth paradox shelling out for what was already free publicity and sales driving in the first place? What kind of precedent would that set for other mods?

There's a lot more to it than "Paradox buys Kaiserreich" and im sure paradox's legal team scream bloody murder and torpedo that idea as soon as it left someone's mouth.

It'll come down to two things: Will HoI4 be flexible enough for KR? And will the KR team be willing to put forth the effort to port it? From what paradox has been saying in the DD responses, it should be flexible. So it all hinges on the second question.
Everything posted on the Paradox forums belongs to Paradox. You all agreed to that condition when you joined the forums.

That being said - the KR files aren't hosted here so the question is still open.

In any case the best (and easiest) thing would probably be to invite the KR team to Stockholm, pay for a 2 weeks hotel stay for the whole team plus travel expenses, and feed them pizza and coke while the team ports the mod over to some alpha/beta version of HoI4. Then you can package it with HoI4 as a day-1 DLC and spread the word to the gaming world about what an awesome modding community this game already has.

In any case the best (and easiest) thing would probably be to invite the KR team to Stockholm, pay for a 2 weeks hotel stay for the whole team plus travel expenses, and feed them pizza and coke while the team ports the mod over to some alpha/beta version of HoI4. Then you can package it with HoI4 as a day-1 DLC and spread the word to the gaming world about what an awesome modding community this game already has.
One "KR Team", huh ?
Developed by:
Sarmatia1871
viader, Zauberfloete, Milites, FlyingDutchman, Armatus, Johnny Canuck, Meadow, Masked Pickle, freetup, Yuriswe, thegreatplant, Kuzux, KanaX, Placido, patriot1, Akira, Berlichingen, V-X, Jedrek, lordgoof, Zuckergussgeback.

Past Developers
Kibbles, AC, Andromedos, Das Kapitalist, GeneralHannible, Evans, Hasagwan, UnitedEmpireLoyalist, rcduggan, Mishgan, Abbassia, Shadowbound, Narakir, asd, Das, Berlichingen, Crush3r, Getuza, Winkelried, Tribolute, Kretoxian, Bismarck1, AutovonBismark, Timotheous.

Special Thanks To

Atruejedi, Afalsejedi, Teutonburger and everyone else at SMEP.
Daboo and his New Nations Mod
T-Hiddemen for his contribution of skins and minister pictures.
Van der Gent for use of his Swedish Leader Package .
Thistletooth for his help with Manpower and IC changes.
KanaX and Milites for their beautiful Skins!

Luxor, Veldmaarschalk, Hamlee, Semihippie, Arilou, Culise, yxc qwert, OAM, FallenMorgan, Dionysios ii the Great, Afsin, Jebus, EMFM, SeanB, Kramari, The Great Duck, HJ Tulp, Shadowbound, DarkReborn, Zeonic Germania and Marshal Flak for their contributions and everyone else at the "Kaiserreich: Legacy of the Weltkrieg" forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.