• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Would it be worth $50...hell yes!

Would it be worth the risk of getting our hopes up over another licensed, 3rd party endeavor? :sleep: Paradox has kind of had a bad track record in this area lately.

Has the mod team even decided to make Kaiserreich for HoI4?

Well since there isn't one for HOI3... I donno... afaik there is only one for DH, not even HOI2

There is one for HoI2, I believe. That's where it was originally made and they ported it over to DH.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe Kaiserreich wasn't ported to HOI3 was because there were certain aspects of the mod that couldn't work properly in HOI3.

What's Kaiserrich?
its a alternative history mod for darkest hour where central powers won the ww1 and mainland france and england fell to syndies while previous goverments took refuge to algeria and canada
power struggles contuniues in russia between whites and reds
america is verge on the civil war
baron's mongolian khanate vs islamic khanate of turkestan
ottomans desperately trying to reform the country while desperately trying to quell rebellions
but unique thing that for mod is its not repetetive
youll get very different situation on hands every new game even if you play as same country

Reactions:
They could actually skip the traditional layout of HOI series and develop HOI4 with Kaiserreich-only scenario. Would be more fun anyways.

They could actually skip the traditional layout of HOI series and develop HOI4 with Kaiserreich-only scenario. Would be more fun anyways.
kaiser wilhelm II agrees!
AKG12776.jpg

Reactions:
Seeing how popular that Kaissereich was for DH and for Hoi2, (I imagine a lot of DH sales and HOI2 sales as of late have almost been purely because Kaissereich) I don't see it unfeasable with the new DLC policy that paradox might decide to make an Alt History startup/scenario where the Germans won WW1 instead of doing a timeline extension DLC. I mean for WW2 theres only so many DLC type events they can add right?

1. Flavour events and units for certain countries (Dies Irae or Gotterdammerung type DLC.)
2. Timeline Extension (Into either coldwar or back into the 20's both have major problems because of needing more 'peace time gameplay' and economic modelling.
3. Extending certain systems -> COC, and Economy both come to mind here and an Economy expansion could go into a timeline extension.
4. A WW1 Scenario.
5. Alt History Scenarios/Alternative WW2's.

I could very easily see option 1. and 5. being the most obvious and easiest to implement DLC's and thus I expect after a 'German Flavour DLC' and a 'British Flavour DLC' they'll probably do a 'Pacific War Flavour DLC (America and Japan) then an Alt History Scenario for WW2.

as posible dlc soun very nice :)

Honestly, I would like to see Paradox Interactive reach out to the creators of the original Kaiserreich mod to jointly create a DLC for Hearts of Iron IV. The history that the original team created is just so rich and captivating that just like how Kaiserreich drove sales of Hearts of Iron II and Darkest Hour, it would drive sales of Hearts of Iron IV. I'd argue that it is even worthy of its own game. Any mod where the United States splits into six factions that then fight over the very fate of the United States for Communism, Fascism, or Democracy is A-OK in my book.

Reactions:
I'm sure paradox would love to rope in Kaiserreich and make money off of it. But kaiserreichs development team, if it can even be called, is really more of a massive group of random people who have contributed bits and pieces over years. You know that long series of pop ups at the beginning of every new game? Not there for giggles.

Then it runs into questions like: Who owns the rights to it? How would they determine who gets what percentage? What is that massive amount of effort worth to the Kaiserreich team? What is that effect worth to paradox? Would it even be worth paradox shelling out for what was already free publicity and sales driving in the first place? What kind of precedent would that set for other mods?

There's a lot more to it than "Paradox buys Kaiserreich" and im sure paradox's legal team scream bloody murder and torpedo that idea as soon as it left someone's mouth.

It'll come down to two things: Will HoI4 be flexible enough for KR? And will the KR team be willing to put forth the effort to port it? From what paradox has been saying in the DD responses, it should be flexible. So it all hinges on the second question.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe Kaiserreich wasn't ported to HOI3 was because there were certain aspects of the mod that couldn't work properly in HOI3.

The hurdles were not insurmountable; the mod team just didn't have the same passion for HoI3 that they did for 2, so it never materialized. HoI4 needs it, though. Improvements made in HoI3 alone (such as the ability to base AI event choices on more than random chance) can make for a far tighter experience.

I'm sure paradox would love to rope in Kaiserreich and make money off of it. But kaiserreichs development team, if it can even be called, is really more of a massive group of random people who have contributed bits and pieces over years. You know that long series of pop ups at the beginning of every new game? Not there for giggles.

Then it runs into questions like: Who owns the rights to it? How would they determine who gets what percentage? What is that massive amount of effort worth to the Kaiserreich team? What is that effect worth to paradox? Would it even be worth paradox shelling out for what was already free publicity and sales driving in the first place? What kind of precedent would that set for other mods?

There's a lot more to it than "Paradox buys Kaiserreich" and im sure paradox's legal team scream bloody murder and torpedo that idea as soon as it left someone's mouth.

It'll come down to two things: Will HoI4 be flexible enough for KR? And will the KR team be willing to put forth the effort to port it? From what paradox has been saying in the DD responses, it should be flexible. So it all hinges on the second question.
Names are there doesnt it?
Also the guy who managing the mod should know who contributed what

Status
Not open for further replies.