• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

RichStrat

Sergeant
3 Badges
Oct 5, 2014
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2
I'm playing as Prussia, now NGF. Its 1846 and I just checked my administrative efficiencies. In Germany its all a hundred percent. But in Massachusetts, New York, which I've held for about seven years and Pennsylvania, which I've held for five months, the administrative efficiencies are 0.0%. My administrative slider is at 100% and has been for virtually the whole game and the three states are showing 0.6% to 0.9% Bureaucrats.

Is there anything I can do to remedy this situation and is my administrate slider setting actually wasteful?

I do believe only your culture crats will actually add to admin efficiency in a state. So I guess you'd have to somehow turn them all German. Since they have a core there though you won't get assimilation.

I do believe only your culture crats will actually add to admin efficiency in a state. So I guess you'd have to somehow turn them all German. Since they have a core there though you won't get assimilation.
Ah OK, so I definitely don't want to use Bureaucrat Focus. Seems like I should lower my Admin slider, I'll try 50%.

Ah OK, so I definitely don't want to use Bureaucrat Focus. Seems like I should lower my Admin slider, I'll try 50%.

If your admin percent is already at 100, you may want to lower it down to 35% or so if you need money.

Capture Greenland/Iceland. That should give you a colony in naval range, or look for some islands like Bermuda etc to capture. Once you have colonies in range you can set the NF for migration, and should be able to get colonists over there easily. From there you then set Bureaucrat focus after getting about 5% Germans.

You would need to get Greenland, or whatever you capture as a state first for this to work, as migration only happens from states to colonies, not colonies to colonies.

Also technically USA main pop is Yankee, so capturing states in the southern states would have Dixie promote to your POP, unless they have CSA cores already.

lol I've just imagined afro americans assimilating to Germans and forming the bulk of the Prussian bureaucracy in their american states!!

And this is why I love Victoria 2!