• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JohanLerstrom

Paradox Dev
Paradox Staff
2 Badges
Oct 4, 2010
  • 500k Club
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
Hi everyone!
A few bugs and other issues seem to have slipped into the Charlemagne launch, but we are working hard to fix them.
We've decided to upload a beta patch branch to steam for anyone who wants to help us test or wants to be on the cutting edge of our bug fixing efforts.
Keep in mind that this is a beta branch, so there could still be bugs, crashes and odd behaviour, use at your own risk.
If you want to use the beta branch, right click the game in the Steam client, choose Properties, click the "Betas" tab and select the "Beta 2.2.0.1" version of the game.

Here is the changelog:

MAJOR:
- Fixed OOS in multiplayer if all players did not have Charlemagne enabled.
- Muslims are now more likely to become decadent, especially dynasty members of larger realms.
- Fixed bug where the Straighten Up decision could be taken again after 7 days.
- Fixed bug where it was not possible to hand out viceroyalties after reloading the game.
- Resolved crash when opening war overview window in a revolt war.
- Fixed crash in law view when republics did not have all patrician slots filled.
- Fixed bug where the realm capital did not properly use the patrician elective law.
- Norse fleets can now travel through major rivers as intended.
- The Adopt Feudalism and Form Merchant Republic decisions are now divided into two part - one that is taken to adopt the new government form and upgrade the capital, and a second one that is taken to upgrade the remaining holdings.
- Fixed crash while hovering the call all allies button in observer.
- Tribals now properly get access to crown authority laws when they convert.
- Solved the CTD on Linux, no more need for -threads=1 workaround

MINOR:
- Elective Gavelkind: Fixed a bug where claims were not awarded correctly on kingdom split inheritance
- Optimized message logging in Release builds.
- Fixed a bug where looter armies just standing around would prevent peace Prestige loss for aggressive pagans
- AI: Rebalanced raid propensity. Rulers with Prestige loss on peace are now more aggressive
- AI: Tweaked Prepared Invasion propensity slightly
- AI: Less likely to answer calls to arms if busy raiding
- Fixed an issue with exiled characters' destination
- Added a revenge event for the sons of Lodbrok against Aella
- It is now possible to see all the laws of your lieges titles in the law view.
- Fixed exploit where the recently conquered modifier was not properly applied until the day after a holding was conquered.
- The opinion modifier for vassals for handing out viceroyalties are now only applied to feudal non viceroyals on duke-tier or higher.
- Fixed bug where the opinion modifier for handing out viceroyalties did not apply for viceroyals in the history files.
- The empty holdings modifier for garrison and levies are now calculated after the other modifier.
- Tribal holdings now get less taxes and levies if the province is of the wrong culture or religion.
- The opinion modifiers for being of the wrong religion is now increased for tribals against their liege.
- Right click now works on mac when using borderless.
- Family prestige no longer gives a bonus to vassal limit.
- The chronicle now closes when pressing escape.
- Fixed bug where the caliphate title could be given to vassals of the wrong religion, females and characters without the Sayyid or Mirza traits.
- Fixed bug where the 99% warscore cap was not properly applied in certain wars.
- Fixed bug where the AI did not end wars when at 100% warscore due to the recipient having previously declined a peace offer.
- Fixed bug where characters were not properly selected after loading a save if a character was selected before the save was loaded.
- Children created in ruler designer now properly counts as heirs to your titles.
- The decision to donate money to the knights templar now have its intended decision icon.
- Chronicle should now properly show birth of first son even if he has older sisters.
- Rare event that makes a vassal switch side between Charlemagne and Carloman should now work properly.
- Saxon Blood Court event no longer gives you the Crusader trait.
- Prepared Invasions are now enabled for Germanic Pagans with the start of the Viking Age.
- Added some more Celtic realm names to Britain.
- Several minor text fixes.
- Viking Age event is now fully compatible with old save games.
- Reworked system for Ramadan events. They will no longer pop in a bunch at the same time.
- Fixed DND-flag and pulled adventurers out of hiding while preparing for a war.
- Fixed Incorrect alpha for female muslim headgear fixed for the Early Eastern Clothing Pack DLC.
- Now allowed some more leeway with granting "contested titles" while involved in wars and civil wars
- Adventurers will no longer accept being invited to your court.
- It is no longer possible to use the succession changing factions against muslim lieges.
- Fixed bug where the characters in the era picker were unclickable after going back from custom game setup.
- Fixed bug where the pagan versions of Coat of Arms were not properly applied to custom created kingdoms and empires.
- Fixed inconsistencies in credits.
- Fixed bug where the same plot entry was shown twice in the plot view.
- Event spawned troops through the councillor jobs are now named Zealots, Raiders and Warriors.
- Various text fixes.
- Scottish culture event now properly converts province culture to Scottish.
- Added missing Romuva holy sites in early start dates.
- Cleaned up old tech system defines from defines.lua
- Adopt feudalism decision now require at least one in the Noble Customs technology.
- Found Merchant Republic decision now require at least one in the Trade Practices technology.
- It is no longer possible to form custom kingdoms when not being independent.
- The tribal councillor jobs no longer dissapear when having a regent.
- Tweaked triggers for Russian and Scottish culture emergence events.
- Tweaked AI logic for liege converting to capital province culture in some cases.
- Moved/added new dynasties to several cultures.
- Changed some early characters in history files from Dutch to Frisian culture.
- Revised name lists for early East Slavs.
- Corrected a history database issue where some Saffarid and Kabul Shahi subjects stayed Zunist after being subjugated.
- Ireland is now tribal in 867.
- Reduced severity of effects of unused and angry tribal event troops disbanding.
- Hiding character going celibate now gives spouse and lovers intended opinion modifiers.
- Adapted some Charlemagne story event triggers to protect against weirdnesses caused by using the ruler designer on major story characters.
- Changed trigger for Irminsul event to make it more likely to happen.
- Khazar rulers can now receive Jewish exiles regardless of ruler religion.
- Christian rivals will no longer reconsider their rivalry against other Christians unless they recently switched religion to Christianity.
- Pagan feast events reworked and should no longer pop in bunches at the same date.
- Tweaked triggers for Russian and Scottish culture emergence events.
- Tweaked AI logic for liege converting to capital province culture in some cases.
- Moved/added new dynasties to several cultures.
- Changed some early characters in history files from Dutch to Frisian culture.
- Revised name lists for early East Slavs.
- Corrected a history database issue where some Saffarid and Kabul Shahi subjects stayed Zunist after being subjugated.
- Ireland is now tribal in 867.
- Reduced severity of effects of unused and angry tribal event troops disbanding.
- Hiding character going celibate now gives spouse and lovers intended opinion modifiers.
- Adapted some Charlemagne story event triggers to protect against weirdnesses caused by using the ruler designer on major story characters.
- Changed trigger for Irminsul event to make it more likely to happen.
- Fixed issues in CB logic that could result in viewing wrong tooltip
- Now custom kingdoms instantly dejure drift on formation, however only if the dejure kingdom/empire is not created and if you completly control the titles.
- Custom kingdoms now cost 300 wealth instead of scaled wealth
- Custom empires now cost 1000 wealth instead of scaled wealth

MODDING:
- Event spawned troops with an earmark can now be custom-named by using the earmark key and "_ARMY" or "_ARMY_OF" in the localization.
- Added define for first year to execute tech, used for optimization, needed for mods.

CONVERTER:
- Now norse_pagan does not convert to norse_pagan_reformed in converter

Excellent! Trying it out now in my new Ironman Zunbil game. :)

Looks like quite a good list.

This seems strange -- I thought that this was a core part of the vassal limit: more prestigious families could control more vassals directly. I guess it was over-powerful or somehow problematic for later game Karlings and their ilk? Maybe a cap or rescaling might be better than elimination? I thought the boost gave more meaning to pushing your family onto thrones and elevating your idiot uncle to Duke, because "family first."

Also, are beta patches fully ironman compatible in CK2? Or is that EU4?

So, you guys didn't fix triggered modifiers? Alot of us modders use triggered modifiers for our mods.

- Now custom kingdoms instantly dejure drift on formation, however only if the dejure kingdom/empire is not created and if you completly control the titles.

If I start as the Duke of Strathclyde in the Charlemagne start, take the duchies of Strathclyde, Argyle (or whichever one is the one on the border of northumberland) and Northumberland and form a Kingdom, will the Duchy of Northumberland become de-jure to my new kingdom, but the rest stay scottish/pictish?

- It is no longer possible to form custom kingdoms when not being independent.
What about someone who is the vassal of an emperor? A decentralized, low-authority emperor?

I can no longer use DLC after installing this. The DLC tab can't be selected in the launcher and they show up as available for purchase in the menu screen. I have all DLC except Sunset Invasion installed.

Did you fix the bug when you create invisible worthless baronies that count against your demesne limit? When you are a tribal, and become feudal and build a castle in a county that has a tribal capital, the capital changes to the castle and you have the option to destroy the tribal land and build a castle/temple/city, but if you do, you get a hidden barony along with what ever you build. You can't give it away, it doesn't do anything good, it's not on the map, if I give the county away to a vassal, he is angry at me for owning this imaginary barony.

Hi there! Thank you for the beta patch and the hard work! Is it possible to use this patch for a game that's in-progress? I don't want to destroy my ironman game but I'm also somewhat reluctant to continue playing it because of the tricky situation regarding feudalism.

Hooray! I'll now buy Charlemagne as soon as I have time to play it.

Aww, that is kinda disappointing. I wish it could have at least have been weakened, instead of removed completely. It added a great reason to land family members, which added its own stability issues. (Edit: Also, it was a lot more fun than a simple removed penalty.)

Also, does this fix the issues with the Renounce Iconoclasm decision?

Status
Not open for further replies.