• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
No, really?
Ahh, I had hoved some days maybe... Its anonying that I have paid for this, but cant start playing, waiting for a real release, so I Can actually play, instead of having to stop my game in these 2-4weeks..

Revert to 2.1.6, its a stable release, you just wont have CM stuff for a few more days

OR

Play 2.2.0.1.beta, its quite good if you play a catholic noble ruler.

After I installed it, supply limit in all counties across the map changed to 100. As in one hundred men. Changed back to normal after I went back to 2.2.

Did anybody else experience it? Or does it change back after a while (I didn't stop to wait, I had a pretty large army on the move and didn't want to lose it in such a hilarious fashion)?

Saw the same thing but as soon as I un-paused it sorted itself out.

Anyone know how long patches usually remain in beta before they get released?
Between 2 days and 2 years.

Seriously. Going forward any Paradox DLC should be sold with the "Early Access" tag on Steam. You buy the DLC to basicly bug-test it and then wait some weeks for all the fixes and THEN you have the DLC you paid for.
But almost all the serious issues have been in the 2.2 patch, not the DLC - no?

Nice

The most terrible issue I have faced so far is a creation a new titles on succession. I was holding almost full territory of Scandinavia as Denmark (with only single king-tier title of Denmark). Once my ruler has died, Kingdom of Norway was created and given to non-heir son effectively splitting my realm in halfs. Luckily I was able to press my claim on Norway. But now I have two kingdoms and all duchies de-jure drift is reversing :( This doesn't look correct to me. I don't mind duchies and counties going away to other sons, even top-tier titles may go away if it exists - this has happened in history of russian slavs for example. But I can't understand how the king dies and suddenly some of his sons announces a creation of new kingdom taking the half of old one. Without any revolts or something like that. It also happens free for him, cause if I want to create kingdom myself, I have to pay piety and money.

P.S. I hope it is possible to delete titles via console and reattach some person as a vassal of someone else? Cause I don't want to spend all my precious resources on first conquering the territory back, then destroying titles which costs so lot (and breaks de-jure drift).

P.P.S. Have not found this in bug forum, so creating thread there.

Last edited:
Had a ballsy mood yesterday, and started up CK2 again with this beta patch. Dont have the new DLC ofcouse, but it all seems to work fine so far. Played for a few hours without any glitches.

The most terrible issue I have faced so far is a creation a new titles on succession. I was holding almost full territory of Scandinavia as Denmark (with only single king-tier title of Denmark). Once my ruler has died, Kingdom of Norway was created and given to non-heir son effectively splitting my realm in halfs. Luckily I was able to press my claim on Norway. But now I have two kingdoms and all duchies de-jure drift is reversing :( This doesn't look correct to me. I don't mind duchies and counties going away to other sons, even top-tier titles may go away if it exists - this has happened in history of russian slavs for example. But I can't understand how the king dies and suddenly some of his sons announces a creation of new kingdom taking the half of old one. Without any revolts or something like that. It also happens free for him, cause if I want to create kingdom myself, I have to pay piety and money.

P.S. I hope it is possible to delete titles via console and reattach some person as a vassal of someone else? Cause I don't want to spend all my precious resources on first conquering the territory back, then destroying titles which costs so lot (and breaks de-jure drift).

I think this is WAD for Elective Gavelkind. Yeah, it sucks.

I opted into the beta, and sometimes the game instantly shuts down when I open the religion menu. I've found that it doesn't do that when I start a game, but it sometimes does after playing for a while or loading a save game. I use Lubuntu 14.04, if that makes a difference. Other than that, it works fine.

WAD for Elective Gavelkind.

Right. Your vassals can vote on any other big title vassal, not just your heir. If you have many sons each will receive a piece of your kingdom.

Its intended that way to simulate the instability that would come after a king death. Look at the main CM DLC character. 2 brothers that got half of a empire...

Tribles are intended to expand fast and break apart when the big old bearded king dies. To escape that fate you need to reform/convert and go feudal.

I'm reaching 830 A.D., had 3 rulers and 1 big break up and I'm starting to like this realm splitting. It's historically accurate and gives you some additional options, when it comes to going feudal. I'm playing as Kiev and I intend to shrink down my realm to a handful of provinces just before the switch, to be sure I can flip all provinces at once. I will need alliances to increase the likehood they won't attack me in the near future and hopefully use claims to get them back. Maybe they will also help me I need it (should love me for their independecnce). That way it should take me less time to go feudal.

It also keeps my neghbours smaller and weaker.

They don't get bonuses on independence cause this is automatic. And as I said - it breaks the de-jure drift (cause I didn't want to have Norway kingdom in my play, I wanted all Scandinavia to drift into my glorious Denmark).
And I don't think this is historically correct for Slavs for example (while obviously we can play with this mechanics too).
I understand that this is a good anti-blobbing tool for tribes, but this should be done without creating new titles at least. For example by bigger 'New ruler' penalty. This way after succession, I'll immediately see a huge independence faction.

P.S. I'm also thinking of birth control to solve all this problems :)

It's a serious issue only if you're trying to hold onto a big, own demense. Kingdom breaks up only if you conquered majority of another kingdom de jure territory. That way my Ruthenia-Wallachia blob got split into Ruthenia and Wallachia. BTW, it only happened because I had one vassal in Wallacha territory who managed to conquer enough of other Wallachian territory. I only try to create buffer zones around my kingdom and get a better shot on raiding other kingdom capitals.

So if I keep my demesne in my own de-jure Kingdom and keep duchies/counties outside to other dynasties, this new kingdom will not be created on succession, cause all my sons will get something within single kingdom? This can be a good fix.

It seems that I can't download the beta. There is nothing in the beta menu.

Click the arrow to the right and a list will appear.

Right. Your vassals can vote on any other big title vassal, not just your heir. If you have many sons each will receive a piece of your kingdom.

Its intended that way to simulate the instability that would come after a king death. Look at the main CM DLC character. 2 brothers that got half of a empire...

Tribles are intended to expand fast and break apart when the big old bearded king dies. To escape that fate you need to reform/convert and go feudal.

I actually love this feature it makes the game so interesting

Status
Not open for further replies.