Research Needed for Patch 1.04 - Russian Civil War

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

^_AC_^

Field Marshal
86 Badges
Feb 24, 2009
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Sengoku
  • Semper Fi
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Magicka
  • Leviathan: Warships
  • Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • War of the Roses
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • The Showdown Effect
  • Warlock 2: The Exiled
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • 500k Club
  • Stellaris
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Knights of Pen and Paper 2
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Surviving Mars
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
Hello!
We need the help of the community for a research task related to the Russian Civil War. We need pictures and informations (mainly rank, rank year, death, circumstances of death) for the following military leaders and figures that fought during the Russian Civil War in the Far East, under Ataman Grigory Semenov. Please let us know anything you can find about this people:
  • lieutenant Semen Zhevchenko - Cossack, later captain
  • Lieutenant colonel Aleksandr Mironovich Kamennov (Chita’s chief of police; 1885 - 1922)
  • colonel Stepanov (Chief of Manchuli Police; chief of the railway militia; arrested and prosecuted by the Chinese in 1921)
  • major general Evseev (chief of staff of Ungern-Shternberg’s Asiatic Horse Division)
  • general Fussenge aka Fushenga (an Inner Mongolian warrior-prince; military advisor of Sternberg; mutinied and was killed by Semenov's troops)
  • A.D. Kuznetsov (commander in Blagoveshchensk, ataman of Amur Cossack host
  • SOME INFO, BUT PICTURE STILL MISSING major general Samarin (commander of Irkutsk Military District)
  • general Shemelin (1857- 1941)
  • Ataman Sutunin (cossack commander acting in the valley of river Selenga)

Thank you very much for your collaboration!

EDIT: list edited 12/11

Last edited:
Just from a simple search:
Oskar Victorovich Stark Has a decent page on wikipedia along with a useable picture, not sure if you wanted some more info than what's there. (And I see Fabiusz allready gave a more detailed link.)

Mikhail Mikhailovich Pleshkov: A list of his positions in the armed forces and decorations I'ts been a while since I studied Russian, so I'd rather it be translated by some Paradoxian fluent in the language. He died in Harbin in 1927.

Just from a simple search:
Oskar Victorovich Stark Has a decent page on wikipedia along with a useable picture, not sure if you wanted some more info than what's there. (And I see Fabiusz allready gave a more detailed link.).
Thank you. I must have put him the wrong list (from "People we have info about" to "People we know nothing about"), my mistake.

I couldn't find any relevant info about Samarin though, am I missing something?

Mikhail Mikhailovich Pleshkov: A list of his positions in the armed forces and decorations I'ts been a while since I studied Russian, so I'd rather it be translated by some Paradoxian fluent in the language. He died in Harbin in 1927.
Picture and death date is already very good. :)

Doesn't look like it, this guy fought for the soviets apparently.

Last edited:
I found some information on Sergei Nikolaevich Rozanov. Please note that I don't speak Russian so I had to use translators and my basic knowledge of kyrillic for this. I would be glad if an actual Russian speaking person could verify this.
He was born on the 24th of September 1869, I don't know the birthplace. In his russian Wikipedia article it states that Rozanov was a Lieutenant general, but not when he was promoted to that rank. In 1920 he fled from Vladivostok to Japan, then Beijing and finally to France, where he died 1937 in Meudon. It seems he died by natural causes.

He is the one on the left, the others being Japanese military officials.
1533145_original.jpg

Another photo.
250px-Rozanov_SN.jpg

Lieutenant colonel Aleksandr Mironovich Kamennov (Chita’s chief of police; 1885 - 1922)
is it possible that the family name is Kamenev?

Александр Миронович Ка́менев

is it possible that the family name is Kamenev?

Александр Миронович Ка́менев

Could be.

Some information about Stepanov we are looking for that may help: It is NOT Nikolai Aleksandrovich Stepanov. We are looking for a Stepanov, who was promoted to mj. general late 1919, early 1920. 1917 he held the rank of captain. He was commander of Semenov's Armored Train Division.

Could be.

Some information about Stepanov we are looking for that may help: It is NOT Nikolai Aleksandrovich Stepanov. We are looking for a Stepanov, who was promoted to mj. general late 1919, early 1920. 1917 he held the rank of captain. He was commander of Semenov's Armored Train Division.

oh, you digged deep,
well maybe it's worth for you to ask these questions somehwere else (AHF)?

It's not really @Topic, but I've a more or less big Archive of Pictures of the russian civil war?! Anyone Need it? I can upload it if there are some interest. Pics are described in german, basically with year and place/faction they are took. Sovjet and White, more Whites.

edit: Pictures more for Units (in HoI divisoons/brigades), not for leaders/Ministers...