• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I like the new balance changes and new mechanics. I'm even willing to forego the BLATANT bait and switch tactics regarding the custom Kingdom CoA's.

but...

its WAY past high time that Paradox FIX THEIR GOD DAMN GAME

The bugginess level was NOT like this pre-RoI, and it is frankly unacceptable that RoI went 6 months without being completely bugfixed. (3 months without even so much as an attempt to fix any bugs)

It's time for this iteration of the CKII dev team to get into gear and get this damn expansion fixed. If they don't have a hotfix tomorrow for at least the most blatant issues like Republics being broken, river travel being broken, and Viceroys being broken... well, I really have to write them off as extortionists who dont care about their fanbase or their product enough to make it work even remotely properly.

I will close by saying that it was completely obvious that Doomdark was a project lead who was far more interested in having a polished product that could bring pride to his dev team and joy to the customers. I havent even put in 1/20th of the hours in on CKII in the last 6 months than I did in the year and a half preceding it. Because frankly, the number of bugs, glitches, and errors is unacceptable.

Completely agree, Since CK2 first release, it was always had very few bugs with each patch/ DLC coming, until ROI came and now with CM the same, filled with bugs and an intended stuff, seems like someone is missing from Dev team that keep the game polished.

So...

Am I the only one who takes a look at the forums, thinks "OK, so X is broken, Y too, and Z is REALLY broken", and then starts a game which does not include X, Y and Z and enjoys the hell out of it?

I haven't had as much fun with CK2 as I'm having right now, in my current game, in months. I'm so glad CM was released early. Looking forward to playing with X, Y and Z too, when that part of the game is fixed.

Not saying that bugs shouldn't be fixed or anything like that but, you know, being outraged is bad for your health. It makes your blood pressure higher and generally messes with your body. Taking things easy instead of punching the keyboard while screaming at imaginary devs leads to a longer, happier life.

Me too. It's a fun expansion; my Orthodox Volga Bulgaria game is great :).

seems like someone is missing from Dev team that keep the game polished.

Changing the main project lead? Team members shifted to other projects? CK2 Team reduced to 4 members?

• No improved missionary mechanics, in none of my 769 games have the Slavs ever gone Orthodox or even Catholic. I was seriously expecting a SS. Cyril and Methodius reference or something.
  • Bulgaria ALWAYS swallows up Avaria and evolves into Mega Pannonia.

Well, historically, during the early 9th century, Bulgaria DID swallow big parts of the Avar Khaganate though it never managed to really assimilate them. Then these lands were slowly lost to the Magyar tribes who gradually migrated west to found modern Hungary. This is something the game usually gets quite right (ie it happens most of the time).

But the SS. Cyril and Methodius event (and the conversion to Christianity) is definitely a serious omission, it was the single most important event in that region for the whole period.