• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
If it doesn't fit, you could always break it up into "Francisco" and "Scaramanga" as separate names (perhaps for twins?).

As for what to do next: Depose the impostor! There is room for only one Burger King King of the Franks!

To waaaaaaaar! (Uruk hai army cheering)

I have played some as Karl in the new expansion myself, and I'm going to have to bite the bullet and warn you that you have to deal with fake Charlemagne first. I'm worried the event will fire soon that will get him a claim on either Asturias, Bavaria or Lombardy ... maybe if you can kick him off the Middle Francian throne fast enough that event will still fire for you so you may have the claims necessary to form the Holy Roman Empire. Reluctantly, I say leave the Saxons be for the moment.

I have played some as Karl in the new expansion myself, and I'm going to have to bite the bullet and warn you that you have to deal with fake Charlemagne first. I'm worried the event will fire soon that will get him a claim on either Asturias, Bavaria or Lombardy ... maybe if you can kick him off the Middle Francian throne fast enough that event will still fire for you so you may have the claims necessary to form the Holy Roman Empire. Reluctantly, I say leave the Saxons be for the moment.
Sounds like I have no choice. Time for fake Charly to die.

Fake Charly is taking on Bavaria because of their enclave in Middle Francia. Now would be a good time to attack but Christopher's army isn't up to strength yet because of the civil war.

SipHIUi.png

As promised, there is a big invasion in this installment. But first, remember the rebellious duke of Aquitaine that Chris locked up?

VK44ALq.png

I know this guy is a threat to Chris but 91 gold is way too much, it'd put him in debt.

7Fmtc9y.png

Good thing I didn't pay for that assassination, the duke dies escaping anyway! His heir doesn't like Chris either but -9 relations is better than -76.

TlPaxkE.png

News from Middle Francia, Charly is fighting the Saxons! That's supposed to be Christopher's job but it means Charles is occupied, so now is a good time to launch the attack. Charles also lost that war with Bavaria. If he can't even take one province from a small kingdom that makes me hopeful about Chris' military chances.

sy8080W.png

Damn, this guy would be a much better steward (17 stewardship vs 12) but appointing him would seriously annoy the current steward who's a powerful duke. Better accept the lower income and annoy this courtier rather than annoy a potential rebel.

0HiI1D1.png

There's Charly's army, getting battered by pagans and attrition. As you can see, the King of Lombardy is taking part too, hopefully that drags on the Saxon war as long as possible to divert strength from Chris' invasion. It's worrying that Lombardy is taking part though, hopefully he doesn't come to Charles' aid when Chris attacks.

vtwD55M.png

EVERYONE MARCH ON THE CAPITAL
Most of the Middle Frankish troops are away in Saxony so the small armies they try to scrape together are easily beaten by Christopher's forces.

yy37YIY.png

After beating some small enemy armies, the full force of France is gathered in Bourgogne. There are more than enough troops to storm the province defences, so they stream over the walls and soon take it for King Christopher.

pM7Puiu.png

Next the French army splits up to besiege Troyes and mop up remaining enemies. But a fairly sizeable army appears to liberate Bourgogne. 2000 vs 1500 should be enough with some good commanders.

EfTcXV2.png

Things are going Chris' way, although the enemy has their strength concentrated on the left flank which just happens to be our weaker one. Still, that flank leader is managing to lose against an enemy commander with 1 martial! And he's not even a craven.

LUJesac.png

What!? Well that was a disaster, cheeky Charly got 19% warscore from that battle. This'll delay victory, not good when Chris' vassals are getting annoyed at having their troops raised for too long.

CBtlKIo.png

The main army swoops in and crushes the Middle Frankish army, while the beaten army stays back to siege Troyes. But soon enough Charles puts out another 1000+ strong army (and another, and another...). Learning from his mistakes, Christopher doesn't split up his forces again and beats each of these newly raised armies one by one.

z2RMJA4.png

Wow, Charles did so badly against the Saxons that they've managed to occupy a bunch of his holdings. Charles sends out a few feeble forces to try and beat them but gets totally trounced. In a weird twist of history, the heathens are helping me.

v2vFIQM.png

It's about time everyone recognized how cool Christophe Lee is. 1100 prestige, not bad at all. That's one Holy Roman Empire requirement down.

The rest of the war goes as expected, Christopher's army occupies Charles' entire demesne and he surrenders at 100% warscore. The huge addition to the realm's size means another Holy Roman Empire requirement is obtained, only Lombardy stands in Chris' way. He's got a strong claim on that too, so expect to see another war soon enough.

qyFd4Lx.png

The war really took its toll on old Charly, he's stressed, destitute and owes an additional 300 gold to jewish moneylenders! Hopefully that means he wont be a threat for a while, but it would be fun to put him in the dungeon just to be sure. What do you guys say?

Nicely done!

That debt probably means that ol' Charlie won't be able to do much for a good while. I'd say leave him be while you take a little time to rebuild your own levies and (maybe) improve a holding or two. If he decides to cause trouble after all that, then, well... what happens, happens ;)

yeah, don't kill the Karlings, they migt be good vassals after all

Don't worry, I'm keeping him alive because of his incredibly useful claims. I'll take your advice and leave him stuck with debt in his own duchy.

I also edited the save to bump Christopher's health up to 10. Playing as Dracula at some point will be fun so I'm not making Chris immortal but he'll live a long time now.

Came for the intriguing title (I've never heard of the song, so to me it was just an intriguing title on its own), stayed for the premise and excellent writeup. :) Very enjoyable, I look forward to seeing to what heights Sir Christopher can elevate France.

If it doesn't fit, you could always break it up into "Francisco" and "Scaramanga" as separate names (perhaps for twins?).

As for what to do next: Depose the impostor! There is room for only one Burger King King of the Franks!
Or you could rename the kingdom the "Burger Kingdom" And make his title "Burger King" :p