• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I suppose..Although I cant understand how my 20k Stack of troops lost to 12k Pagans with Mountain bonus..My commanders were better and we still lost ?

Edit - The amount of troops

(edit)

I suppose..Although I cant understand how my 20k Stack of troops lost to 12k Pagans with Mountain bonus..My commanders were better and we still lost ?
Did you have mountain bonus, or did the pagan? Was the pagan defensive type fighting on their homeland? What combat tactics were rolled?

No new religious mechanics it seems and Zunbils ended up with "barebones" description. Patchable stuff I assume.

However, it is nice to see that ToG start has the claimant to Zunbil lands within court of Afghanistan.

The pagan did, They were fighting in my land, Not sure did not check to see what was rolled :(

theres your problem. they get really really sizeable buffs in home territory, combined with mountains. you can easly lose that with only 20k troops.

i dont know the leaders and troop composition, but some bad tactic rolls and maybe bad commanders on your side might have wrecked your chances on beatign them on a mountain. defensive pagans tend to have lots of ehavy inf too, and maybe it was a tribal ruler callign the banners adding to your trouble.

its ntohign to insane. long story short, dont fight defensive pagans without either significantly(more that twice the size of their army) or a very solid plan to beat them. attackign them in mountains is not a part of that im afraid.

theres your problem. they get really really sizeable buffs in home territory, combined with mountains. you can easly lose that with only 20k troops.

But they were in my land since they attacked a holding of mine during the war. They were not in their land so they should not have home Territory Buff ?. I did not fight them in their land.I was fighting them in my land and they got mountain bonus.. before they would have lost because I had more troops then them. But still it was weird seeing that I lost and I had really good commanders and they were fighting in my own land since they attacked a holding of mine.

thats not how the bonus works. its on all the provinces of their religion. they dotn ahve to own it to get the bonus.

even if thats not the case, one craven commander on your side or one really good roll on their side might win them that battle. while its certianly rare to lose 20k to 12k even in mountains, its not a miracle. especially if they brought better troops than you did - heavy inf and heavy cav is worth more than light inf or light cav. just make white peace(or hold them off while your armeis rebuild), then call the banners again and smash them anyways. you dont have to win every battle you fight.

Norse not being able to travel down rivers in 867 looks like a pretty big bug, honestly. And Lombardia is appalling - for all the "it's beta, let them work" I got when I pointed out the problems, nothing has been done whatsoever. It breaks the whole thing a bit, for me.