Is HOI IV playable on a tablet?

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The only time that putting HOI 4 or any Paradox game on another platform would be a problem is if Paradox constrained the game to the limits of the console or tablet or whatever they were developing it for and then released that game on PC without any of the enhancements that PCs allow. I think that's what gets many PC master race-types get upset because some developers will intentionally dumb games down graphics or even gameplay-wise (looking at you, Ubisoft) in order to get them to work on platforms with inferior hardware and then shove that same game onto PC gamers while lying about the fact that they are releasing a gimped game. One example I can think of is Assassin's Creed Unity, which I heard was locked at 30 fps on PCs due to pressure from Microsoft and Sony to keep the PC version dumbed down so it doesn't make their consoles look so bad in comparison, which is totally absurd. Then of course some developers lie outright and claim that low fps and low-res graphics are better somehow, which is even more absurd.

If PI develops their games for PC first and then ports them to other platforms without compromising the quality of the PC version, I say more power to them.

This basically sums up the topic, which I don't feel is being closed minded at all (because there's a legitimate reason, you don't want your games ruined for compatibility with inferior platforms). Unfortunately I doubt what you suggest in your last sentence will ever be feasible without making *some* compromise.

Not necessarily as HOI4 is using a newer version of Clausewitz and as an analogy HOI3 and way way way way more units than EU3 to be rendered and run through the combat AI.

True, but on the other hand, HOI4 won't be running 400 light ships on trade nodes throughout the world every day.

I suspect the requirements will be higher, but only slightly.

I have an i7 Surface Pro 3 and use it to play a lot of my wargames. Johh Tillers Panzer Campaigns mostly. I did put EU4 and HOI3 on it, and they run, but I haven't played any length of time on it. The pen works well as a mouse for most things....and I can always use a Bluetooth mouse if I have to.

May I know what resolution you chose when launching HOI3 on your surface pro 3? I met some problem on choosing the right resolution (unable to adjust the full screen on SP3) Thanks a lot!

Status
Not open for further replies.