• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Paradox should get you and the other carnage players to test play HOI4 multi player.

Not a bad suggestion. I pass their office everyday so I might just pop in my head and ask. Any thoughs on when the Beta is out?

Cool! I always like the carnage series, intense as f##. and with cap.easy playing Germany? ho the chaos will be far reaching....

I do have one Important question. lets say the Soviets loss, do you guys have to go with bitter peace? I guess you have too, otherwise it can get a bit out of hand. and does give the SU another chance.

Or in case the soviets lose, do you just end the MP game right there? (like in blitz) bc that sounds.... lame. its not like the USA could deliver the power of SU+UK+France or anything.....

all Im saying is. No surrender!

Yes, according to HRs we must choose Bitter Peace for Soviet. As you know we have had some weird hickups on that one Before (Carnage al Dente). If Soviet lose? Well it's really up to the Allies. If they are losing on all other fronts the game is pretty dead and not very entertaining. If the Allies are kicking ass on other fronts the game is of course still highly interesting. Historically in the Carnage Group - when SU have been crushed they have been crushed fast - or not at all.

Finally! Something to keep ya warm in the autumn times!

And all help is needed! You better pour a shot with the first chapter. I know I will ;)

When the first post?
Still refreshing. ;)

The weekend for sure! RL is like a two front war (job and small kids) and CptEasy-time during week is short flashes in a land of darkness...

Please do not spam this thread with questions or remarks about when the update is coming, thank you.

Panzer Carnage - Chapter I

If i recall correctly it is against Geneva agreement for a marvellous writer to announce an AAR and not even start it for a week.

Extradite the culprit to Nuremberg for due process.

And then send Chuck Norris for the interogation

Heh. I agree - but I plead not guilty as it has not been a full week yet :)

And I have reasons. The Carnage Group has been setting up a web site of our own, a gathering place for commanders and soldiers with hearts of iron and a special taste for multiplayer AARs. Although still under construction (when is a web site not?) it is now able to receive visitors. We hope to find you there!

That’s not all. You will also find the first chapter of Panzer Carnage there.

.......................................................................................................

Panzer Carnage

Chapter I - The pieces are placed on the board

The last days of summer had passed. Hitler and his tight knot crew was united by years of struggle against the disease of the old rule and by the wound from the stab in the back 1918; united by the dream of repainting the map of Europe, of the worlds, and to pay back in flesh and blood to those who so badly shamed the Fatherland. From the ashes of the war would rise an empire that would stand for a thousand years. The Third Reich!

URL temporarily removed as an unapproved external link -- Avindian

Last edited by a moderator:
I like it, just the pictures should be bigger (as suggested on the page, you could zoom in only by hovering over them).

Hitler's armband... :rofl:

Hm, I'm interested why you've decided to make a separate website. Are you running ads on there (which I can't see due to AdBlock)?

No ads that I can see.

Interesting idea. I didn't expect the group to create a website :). I guess that by now the Carnage Group can be considered famous in the PI community and after several AARs, you probably want to create sth deeper and more convenient at the same time. A website gives you the tools for that, because everything is in one place and you can create your own rules there. I subscribed to the newsletter. Cheers.

Yeah, pretty interesting idea but I think it'll cut down the reader numbers. Then again, it sure makes things for your group easier to keep organised so I can definitely see the interest in it. That being said, interesting to see so aggressive Italy right off the bat. I guess we'll soon see if human player on Poland makes any difference...

This thread has been reopened. As a reminder, links to external sites are not allowed unless specifically permitted by a member of the moderation team (and then extremely rarely). Thank you.

Also looking forward to this new Carnage game. Subbed.

@Cpt, what are the Italian ships doing near your coast? Wouldn't they be more useful in the Med?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back again. Not the first time Carnage has been closed, but first time because of my own doing. I had completely missed the rule about linking from the Forum to our own page. But the rule is there and quite clear too. My mistake entirely. So there will be no links to the page of the Carnage Group and Panzer Carnage by me or anybody else. I don’t wish to fiddle with the rules of this dear Forum (as I agree with Gen. Marshall above).

But it all puts me in a little dilemma as the plan I had did not survive contact with reality. So I need to rethink and adjust. But I have all this material and some new stuff too. Can’t really chuck it down the bin, now can I?

So yes, I will continue although I am not entirely sure in what form. Expect a new post during the weekend.

Cheers – and sorry for any confusion,

/CptEasy

Back again. Not the first time Carnage has been closed, but first time because of my own doing. I had completely missed the rule about linking from the Forum to our own page. But the rule is there and quite clear too. My mistake entirely. So there will be no links to the page of the Carnage Group and Panzer Carnage by me or anybody else. I don’t wish to fiddle with the rules of this dear Forum (as I agree with Gen. Marshall above).

But it all puts me in a little dilemma as the plan I had did not survive contact with reality. So I need to rethink and adjust. But I have all this material and some new stuff too. Can’t really chuck it down the bin, now can I?

So yes, I will continue although I am not entirely sure in what form. Expect a new post during the weekend.

Cheers – and sorry for any confusion,

/CptEasy

Best laid plans Cpt, and it's not like there was any malice on your part. Look forward to seeing the new update.

Chapter II - A war is coming

Played Countries: UK, FRA, POL, SU, GER, ITA, JAP, Axis +1*
* Daphne starts out supporting JAP but has switched to GER at the end of this chapter

October 7th, 1938

Adolf Hitler continued with his aggressive manners and soon claimed the entire Czech part of Czechoslovakia – including some impressive factory compounds – while Slovakia was made puppets. As the autumn storms passed over Europe, dark weeping cloads, the United Kingdom went to Poland. They argued, discussed and shook hands in agreement. They strengthened their bonds. Should Hitler press on, he would soon find himself in a two-front war. Now, who would do such a thing? Europe was humming with diplomatic activities and uncertainties simmered under the calm surface.

The Allies understood nothing. They did not see the beast of vengeance lurking in the shadow. They talked about appeasement; they said “peace in our time”. Fools. Utter fools. They would soon see their mistake. Soon. Just wait a little bit longer. Play this game of hide and seek… keep the leach tight on the dogs of war just a little while. Oh, how those steel panzers are just waiting for action. Well… soon enough.

January 21st, 1939

The battle of Beograd was slow, not very eventful and rather chaotic. It took the weak Italian forces two weeks of skirmishes and house to house searches to subdue the enemies and take control of the city. Parts of the problem were actually finding the Yugoslavian leaders and get them to sign the complete surrender.

When it was all a done deal, Yugoslavia was no more. Il Duce had gotten his price. He had shown that he had what it took to wage war and win. This was surely something for the Allies to dwell upon. Was Il Duce going to wage war on them too… and if so… when?

Well… wait and see. Wait and see. The Carnage hasn’t even started.

March 11th, 1939

Central Europe is tightly in the Axis grip. It is a force to be reckoned with. But Poland has sided with the Brits and the Frogs, so the Axis is to some extent surrounded. That fact made Hitler feel somewhat threatened. The one who stroke the first blow would have the benefit of surprise effect on his side. Hitler liked the idea of that. More critically, he couldn’t afford to be surprised by the Allies.

May 2nd-3rd, 1939

Then it happened. Hitler demanded Danzig and the Poles refused. But Danzig should belong to Germany. In fact – Poland did not need to exist. And so started the German attack on Poland. Danzig was the first city to fall after roughly a day of battle.

Authors note: Interesting that the German troops get Territorial Pride bonus in Danzig…

United Kingdom and France declared war on Germany, just as they promised. Germany was now in a two-front war. This was it! Diplomacy had played its role. Now it was time for brute force.

May 3rd-5th, 1939

Game play clip on YouTube

Authors notes: This is our first of many game play clips. This will be the new thing for Panzer Carnage. Rather short clips as pieces of the story. As I am not at all familiar with producing and publishing game play clips it’s learning by doing.