• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(576717)

Recruit
4 Badges
Oct 21, 2012
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
Hey all,

I was just wondering how do you create a custom map to play on the sandbox game?

I've created a map on the map editor but it doesn't seem to show up , even when i try to load the map on map editor it doesn't seem to show. The only way i can access the map is by clicking new map and then loading the map i've created, but I still cannot get the map to play in sandbox or career mode. I cannot also access the map to make it create a new scenario. I've tried looking around on the internet but all i can find was tips on how to use the map editor but none seem to show how you transfer the map over to make it a playable scenario

Any help would be greatly appreciated,
Many Thanks!

The map folders in Windows 7 are found as shown below. Note, the AppData in the first path is by default hidden; you must 'unhide' it in 'properties' to see it.

The path to the map folder is: C:\Users\Your_name\AppData\LocalLow\Colossal Order\Cities in Motion 2\Maps.
The map editor places maps in this folder by default. All maps in this folder are available in 'sandbox' and are prefixed by an '*'.

The CO maps are located in a different folder : C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Cities in Motion 2\CIM2_Data\Data\Maps
These maps are also available in 'sandbox' and are shown at the top of the list without a '*' prefix.

Hey, thanks very much for replying!

Thats the problem I have though, I've put the .map file in both of those folders your mentioned above, but it doesn't seem to show when trying to start a sandbox or campaign game. I know I'm probably doing something silly somewhere, is there perhaps a requirement when making a map in map editor that it has to contain a certain feature or something?

You may have a corrupted file!
You can try this:

Close and exit CIM2 if it's running.
Select 'games' in the top menu.
Select view games library
Right click on CIM2, and select 'properties'.
Select local files tab.
Select 'verify local games cache' and click 'OK'

This will replace the games files removing any corrupted or modified files. So if you have installed any mods, you will have to re-apply them.
This usually fixes most problems.
Good luck!

If this doesn't work try posting the problem on the tech support sub-forum.

Hey, thanks again for response! no luck so far :(
Just so I know i'm not messing up badly on something silly..... When creating a map you just place a few roads and buildings and then click save level and the map should then be ready?