• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Celmeo

Private
31 Badges
Sep 9, 2014
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Semper Fi
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Magicka
  • Hearts of Iron III Collection
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
In my current French game, I've been trying to help out the CSA - Warred vs USA until CSA won their independence war, then sphered the CSA and allied them to prevent them getting eaten by USA.

All was good, and helped them get two more states with their cores over several decades.

Then CSA became big enough to become a GP and leave my sphere (and my alliance at the same time... why??? retards). Obviously USA instantly declared war for restoration of order, and clobbers them completely before I even have time to fabricate any CBs to help them (Playing HoD with no mods).

Can't even use Free People or Liberate nation to recreate them.

So ... how can I support these idiots that are constantly trying to suicide?

You don't, USA with their cores are pretty much the most railroaded part of Vicky, other than Prussia's -> NGF -> Germany formation, instead of Austria.

I guess your best hope is that during the war with the US they drop to secondary status, allowing you to influence them and intervene to hold status quo.

The other solution is to attack the US preventively, weakening them enough so that they won't attack the CSA. After all, if New York is french it's much more convenient to build the statue of liberty.