• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Mikalos

General
26 Badges
Dec 22, 2012
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Hearts of Iron III Collection
  • Victoria 2
  • 500k Club
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
So I was playing america again after several runs as other nations, and I think my question is, does America just have to many regions? I Get why it does every state, but, does having so many regions somewhat cripple easily managing it?

Or am I just not seeing how to easily play america the 45ish Region nation?

I'm sorry but I'm afraid you have to be a little bit more clear than that. Are you saying that having less states as America would make playing as them more fun?

More Or less. It just seems like there's an excessive amount of management to having that many Regions, most of which don't really serve a purpose than "Need the states!".

In my experience, there is no "convenient" way to play America with the standard amount of regions that I didn't find annoying. If you have State Capitalism, it's incredibly tedious managing all the states. If you have laissez-faire, you just constantly watch the smaller states have factories go under and people being unemployed because they aren't being supported or don't have the state resources. It was just annoying to me.

Which is why I got sick of that and whenever I decided to play as America, I'd just mod my game to have a much more acceptable 30 region country.

DPExRf0.png

I'm sure plenty of people would disagree with it for either modding, or being the fact I merged certain states together that some people wouldn't agreee with. All I know is that it was LEAGUES more fun to play like this.

I'm sure plenty of people would disagree with it for either modding, or being the fact I merged certain states together that some people wouldn't agreee with. All I know is that it was LEAGUES more fun to play like this.

Agree merging states is fun(espiecially in PDM), to avoid micro with non LF policy But there are two issues with "merging":
a) game is easier, becouse your NF have greater impact on population; due to higher population it is easier to have high industry score there, and you have more type of rgo, so you always have bonus to output.
And you have less colonial points too;/

P.S. Can you give your modded file:>? I'm to lazy to change every state in USA.
I can exchange for Japan, Korea or Sweden/Australia merged files:)

I think the amount of pop ups when playing as the USA is the real problem.

I agree though that there are too many regions. Many just can't get a proper economy going and would be much better merged with other states. USA is micro hell between trying to manage your economy and clicking on a dozen popups everyday.

Agree merging states is fun(espiecially in PDM), to avoid micro with non LF policy But there are two issues with "merging":
a) game is easier, becouse your NF have greater impact on population; due to higher population it is easier to have high industry score there, and you have more type of rgo, so you always have bonus to output.
And you have less colonial points too;/

P.S. Can you give your modded file:>? I'm to lazy to change every state in USA.
I can exchange for Japan, Korea or Sweden/Australia merged files:)
Yeah, making the game easier is a drawback that occasionally bothers me with merging. But it's a drawback I'm willing to take just for the convenience with the USA.

Also, I'll gladly give you the files. Be aware these are for PDM, though. Here ya go.

I personally poker all the regions in the U.S. Is started are supposed to represent local governing bodies ( more or less) where better top do this than in The United States, where the states are States and have actual federal autonomy.

As for the fun factor, I enjoy playing with the more liberal economic policies anyway so I am never y too taken aback.

In my experience, there is no "convenient" way to play America with the standard amount of regions that I didn't find annoying. If you have State Capitalism, it's incredibly tedious managing all the states. If you have laissez-faire, you just constantly watch the smaller states have factories go under and people being unemployed because they aren't being supported or don't have the state resources. It was just annoying to me.

Which is why I got sick of that and whenever I decided to play as America, I'd just mod my game to have a much more acceptable 30 region country.

DPExRf0.png

How does the merged Virginia work in the ACW? Isn't West Virginia hardcoded to side with the union?

I was wondering that too, so I checked the event file: It's the individual states within the regions that do not secede, not the regions; so it should work fine.
Yep, exactly this. Because of the way the event is coded, West Virginia and Maryland stay part of the Union while the rest splits off to the Confederacy. So there's no real issue.