Snake People with a Plan: Wrath of the Nagas Expansion for Warlock 2

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

VeraVonGunner

Master of Merch
Paradox Staff
2 Badges
Mar 14, 2014
merch.paradoxplaza.com
  • Paradox Order
  • IPO Investor
New content and Hexagonal Hexing Hexstasy Coming to Fantasy Wargame

STOCKHOLM — October 8, 2014 — Warlock 2: The Exiled, the fantastical turn-based strategy wargame from Ino-Co Plus and Paradox Interactive will soon release its first expansion: “Wrath of the Nagas.” Featuring a new game mode centered around the new race of in-game creatures, a pair of new mages to lead that new race, and a new game campaign centered around that new race and their new mages, Wrath of the Nagas will add more magical mayhem to Warlock 2 than is probably safe. The new expansion will be available later this year on Windows PC from digital retailers worldwide, but only on this particular shard of Earth.

View attachment wrath_of_the_nagas_1.pngView attachment wrath_of_the_nagas_4.pngView attachment wrath_of_the_nagas_6.pngView attachment wrath_of_the_nagas_7.png

Wrath of the Nagas introduce the ancient Naga race to the worlds of Warlock 2 - a sinister people who have lurked outside the realm of Ardania since time immemorial, waiting for their chance to break back through the barriers and unmake reality. By purchasing the Wrath of the Nagas expansion, you have given them that chance. Way to go. Wrath of the Nagas features:

• New Campaign - “A clear threat”: Battle the Naga threat on the shards of the broken worlds. Find and destroy them before their waters engulf everything. Slay them and carve off their Naga-hide!

• The Naga race: The Naga builds the majority of their buildings on water and have a fearsome fleet of amphibious units.

• New Great mages: The mighty gorgon, Sfeno, and the Naga general, Rhin-gaa-rook, are playable as leaders for the Naga race.

• Two new lords: The swift Ace Harpy and the powerful Secret Physician can be chosen as starting perks, or encountered in-game.

In Warlock 2: The Exiled, diplomacy is not an option — war is the only way to triumph. The land of Ardania is in turmoil and players will take on the role of one of several unique Great Mages to restore order by conquering the land. Wield powerful magic as you command a battlefield filled with malevolent beasts, undead hordes, and other atrocities as you fight your way to unite the shards of a randomly generated shattered realm in one of the three sandbox modes: Exiled mode, Battle for the Outplanes, and Sandbox mode. Cast over 170 customizable spells, hire heroes to command your armies, and bring every last Great Mage to their knees.

For more information about Warlock 2: The Exiled, visit www.warlock2.com

SAS-Edited thread title to show expansion is out.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's good to hear there's a new expansion coming but what I'm more eager for is news of how the in-store DLCs are going to be made available now the in-game store has been closed. The best news as far as I'm concerned would be 1 single DLC pack containing everything that used to be in the shop, including items from Great Mage edition.

Althogh I'm happy with announcement, some thoughs:
1) I see new water resources here, so for game to be fair there should be possibilities for current races to settle on water and for nagas to take on land cities and exploit land resources. What actually makes water just another usual terrain type(mostly), otherwise given a low overall water tiles amount it would be really difficult for nagas to expand.
2) Water gameplay would pose for AI even more challenging than it is already. Hope Ino-Co really improved AI.
3) Nothing is said about some kind of constant threat like dremers in W1:A, so it could just end as bad as original game without proper challenge.

That said I'm still glad that the game is under development and not abandoned. Maybe after this announcement devs and Paradox representatives would say us more?

Good news!
Some questions immediately come to mind: Can land races conquer and live in Naga water cities, and vice versa? Will there be more ships for land races to compete in an aquatic spot? I guess the water walking spell will be useful, but how about a water walking perk as units level?
Thanks for keeping things interesting!

Hi guys!

There are some water specific resources (like fish pools) that work like land resources like Iron. These can be used by all races as long as the hex is within the city's borders.

You can conquer Naga cities just like any other race city, you just need either a land bridge, flying or aquatic troops.

There is a constant threat: the Nagas in the campaign will slowly terraform the world around them, and you need to counter that threat or drown!

I'm very happy that we got to do this expansion and I think that InoCo has done a great job adding something significantly different from the original experience.

Hi guys!

There are some water specific resources (like fish pools) that work like land resources like Iron. These can be used by all races as long as the hex is within the city's borders.

You can conquer Naga cities just like any other race city, you just need either a land bridge, flying or aquatic troops.

There is a constant threat: the Nagas in the campaign will slowly terraform the world around them, and you need to counter that threat or drown!

I'm very happy that we got to do this expansion and I think that InoCo has done a great job adding something significantly different from the original experience.

Thanks, JorgenB! But two main concerns on that drowning threat - 1st of all as I said at another topic currently it's relatively easy to raise up to 14 tiles per turn(casting raise lands twice), so nagas should fllod map extremely fast for this to be real threat. And second one - if I've already captured naga city why should I care for drown world?

Last edited:
This was in the livestream, even if your playing as the Nagas, you still lose if they drown the world.
Sure thing, but that's just not logical! I mean nagas exterminated all other races, but different nagas factions could still struggle on this ocean. Why should I lose if I'm one of rulers of those?

*YAWN*

Really? I am suppose to get excited for this? A little late don't you think?

Just a question. Why should we support you? Why should we care? It seems you guys don't care so why should we? A single race? Not much seems to be offered in an "expansion". This is more of a DLC than an expansion.

Sorry for being bitter, but just feel disrespected for the developers and publishers are so quiet. It seems like you don't care so it's hard for me to get excited now. Been a long time with you guys saying anything. A simple "Hi, we are still here, we can't say anything, but you are not forgotten" goes a long way. You can't even bother to do that. Wow it took me less than 3 seconds to type that out.

That being said, one race? Not a big deal. The biggest slap in the face is

diplomacy is not an option — war is the only way to triumph

why is this? Is it because the AI is so crap you can't program the AI for diplomacy, so you just get rid of it instead of trying to implement it? Or that just a good way to hype up the game? See, hard for me to try and care without being cynical now.

/Rant

Ok, now that I got that out of my system, :) I am looking forward to it. I just reinstalled Warlock 2 to play it, and to my surprise I see the expansion is coming out.

From what I see, I love that we can build water cities now. Is it for the new race only, or for everyone now?

Also, I hope this is the first of many.

Sure thing, but that's just not logical! I mean nagas exterminated all other races, but different nagas factions could still struggle on this ocean. Why should I lose if I'm one of rulers of those?
True, but balance is important. They can't let the Nagas have too many advantages. They already have advantages in the water, which is constantly encroaching.

Well, if they'd implement some kind of DARK WATER like dremer lands, which would be hard to fight back(or impossible to) to which normal water would convert that would make sense, for example.