• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dav77-b

Dampfnudel
89 Badges
Jan 10, 2010
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Stellaris
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Knights of Honor
  • Crusader Kings Complete
  • Victoria 3 Sign Up
  • Surviving Mars
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Age of Wonders
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Victoria 2
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall
  • Imperator: Rome Sign Up
  • War of the Roses
  • 500k Club
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Hearts of Iron IV: No Step Back
  • Magicka: Wizard Wars Founder Wizard
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Prison Architect
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Magicka
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
Can we can a sneakpeak ( correct word? ) about how many "wunderwaffen" will make it into the game?
1945 germany has a lot of projects. Many of them were waste but some are interesting: Stealth Fighter, "Modern" Submarine , Rockets , (Surface-Air)Missile , "Fliegerfaust" .
I think there should be a modifier that boosts tech if you are loosing ground. That helps the SU to research the T34 and gives the Player an option to fight longer as Germany( the loosing side )

Reactions:
The only official mention I saw of the truly exotic wunderwaffen is podcat saying they "might" consider it for a DLC.

Last edited:
There was only one wonder weapon, and it was American.:p
Nagasakibomb.jpg

Reactions:
You significantly degrade defensive fighter effectiveness if they don't have the advanced warning that radar gives so they can be vectored towards the attackers or given enough lead time to scramble and get to altitude in advance of the attackers arrival. Think of the RAF fighter command in the Battle of Britain if they didn't have the use of Chain Home.

Reactions:
I would agree entirely, if the plane in question could do something to the ground troops. But a stealth fighter in mid-40's must come withing its gun range of the enemy bombers, which are covered by fighters - and from then on, its eyesight that matters. So how exactly, does it help?

I would agree entirely, if the plane in question could do something to the ground troops. But a stealth fighter in mid-40's must come withing its gun range of the enemy bombers, which are covered by fighters - and from then on, its eyesight that matters. So how exactly, does it help?

Oh, you were referring specifically to air-to-air combat. My mistake. In that case I agree with you, stealth doesn't give much advantage for gun armed aircraft. One possible exception would be stealthy night fighters who are searching for enemy aircraft with airborne radar sets. Another might be the chance to start air combat with an altitude advantage against defending fighters if they got close enough to the defender's airfield that they didn't have enough time to scramble and climb to the stealth fighter's altitude.

I was originally thinking more generally about using stealth technology on the attack.

Suprised nobody mentioned the missile developments. The Wasserfall was probably one of the first surface to air missile systems in existance.

If the PIAT isn't a wunderwaffen, then I can't help but be concerned by you lot.

Eh, only impressive thing about it was the lack of backblast making it easier to use in structures and ideal for stealth teams. Otherwise the PIAT was just a mediocre anti-tank weapon, the Bazooka, Panzerschreck, and Panzerfaust were far superior weapons.

Last edited:
I'd never heard of the Wasserfall. Interesting. It doesn't look like they ever got to the point where they were actually trying to hit something with it. I wonder if they would have ever been able to hit a bomber sized target moving 280 mph? Rheinland system sounds interesting too but I wonder how many targets they would have been able to track at once and what difference it would be when the allies were sending 1000 plane raids over Germany.

They (with the benefit of hindsight) would have been much better off putting their own version of the VT proximity fuse into service. That was a true wunderwaffen.

I dont think you need to hit, just get close enough.

Reactions:
I dont think you need to hit, just get close enough.

Yes, you're right. I accidentally skipped over the paragraph where they said the missile would be detonated by remote control. That does make more sense then trying for a direct hit.

Even to this day modern surface to air missiles tend to rely on proximity detonation and shrapnel as opposed to direct hits. One of the reasons why your average civilian gets rather confused when they see shrapnel holes on an aircraft hit by a SAM.

You're right and I knew that but the Germans never put a proximity fuse into service during WW2 so when I missed the part about remote detonation I assumed, since it was guided, that they were designed for direct hits. I just should have read the article more closely.

Last edited:
If it´s a logical evolution of tech it obviously should be present in the game. I don´t really consider jets to be Wunderwaffen. Wunderwaffen IMO are crazy silly stuff like the Goliath. Or the silly Ufo-like thingy Podcat posted once :)

Reactions:
If it´s a logical evolution of tech it obviously should be present in the game. I don´t really consider jets to be Wunderwaffen. Wunderwaffen IMO are crazy silly stuff like the Goliath. Or the silly Ufo-like thingy Podcat posted once :)

Wunderwaffen called Wunderwaffen because they are key techs to turn the tide ( or supposed to). My suggestion was that the loosing side get a bonus to research such stuff to make the game more exciting in the late game and give it more tournarounds

Status
Not open for further replies.