• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Sinister2202

Most Honorable Dwamak
7 Badges
Aug 12, 2009
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • 500k Club
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Hearts of Iron III
Sorry for rude title, but yeah I am playing CKII at the moment and I want to know why this is happening. Why the bar isn't filling up all the way. It's been like this for years.

98d19386955c84198ae9fd0b93fb8951.png

Red means incompetent ruler, the baron owner of each of those slots has terrible martial skill and wont get 100% of the maximum levy. As for the unfilled part, is there a civil war going on that the barons are fighting in? I think hovering over each of the bars will tell you. Also, what are your levy crown laws for each holding type?

The green part is the shared levy of your vassal. The red one is not. The % of the levy u can rise from your vassals comes from his opinion of you and other stuff. The tooltip over the bar will tell you what.

Since you're carefully looking at levies I'd like to point out that in the original release when you raised a vassal's levies the black bar on the right hand side would go down accordingly. If you were able to raise all of a vassal's levies it would be totally black. This means that it was easier to siege holdings whose levies were raised adding some more strategy to the game. This was a rather elegant system. They changed that in a patch though when they switched from raising levies per county to raising levies per vassal capital. The change made it easier to consolidate armies. Now, only your personal holdings show the decrease in levies - so they are easier to capture during a war. Conversely, when attacking someone it's now best to attack the realms ruler's personal holdings. So the new system creates men out of thin air for your vassals - those men are both fighting battles on the field and defending their holdings at the same time. Your vassal's levies are twice as effective as those from your personal holdings. I wish they would fix this.

Conversely, when attacking someone it's now best to attack the realms ruler's personal holdings. So the new system creates men out of thin air for your vassals - those men are both fighting battles on the field and defending their holdings at the same time. Your vassal's levies are twice as effective as those from your personal holdings. I wish they would fix this.

That's fucked up