• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

King Dave

Major
1 Badges
Sep 8, 2014
  • Crusader Kings II
I inherited the leadership of the lower crown authority faction in the HRE a year or so ago, but because the Emperor has been fighting two wars he's been really popular so no chance of expanding the faction.
Anyway, I figures during this time of war that I'll just wait it out and then when the war ends I'l get to scheming and sowing dissent within the Empire, But then when the wars do actually end old Emperor Heini pops up end tells me it's not very nice starting factions and that he wants me to promise him that I'll be a good boy in future. The choices are, 1 I promise not to make any new factions (I get this choice beacause I have the kind trait apparently), and 2, well that's it! 1 choice. So I hit's my "choice" Emperor Heini likes me a bit more and a few days later my faction disappears.
Now I'm not happy at all at this point I've waited the best part of 2 years for the war to end and now my faction is kaput through no choice of my own and to add insult to injury I can't start a new faction.
So my question is, How long before I can start scheming again? and when I do, is old Heini going to keep playing my for a sucker because I'm so kind?

Yes the faction system is somewhat lame in that sense, if you want to lead a rebellion you can't be sitting in the faction waiting for some support or else this happens, unless you know for sure you don't have any traits forcing you to abandon factionning (BTW if somebody could list them that would be awesome)
Basically you should put up your faction when you are more or less ready to rebel, try to sow decent beforehand, and hope some lords will join your faction before you gout asked out.
Trying to put factions together within the HRE is very frustrating and absurdly hard.

Thanks for the reply. I was in the faction before the war broke out and we got it up to a respectable level, not enough to rebel but heading in the right direction. Then war came and they all drifted away leaving just me.
Anyway, Any ideas how long I have to wait until I can start the faction again? The Pope started an independance faction almost immediately mine disbanded. Is there a time limit on factions being initiated? Only one per month/year/whatever?