Shouldn't Paradox have waited for October 14 Patch to start the free-weekend CK2?

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Choksquaker

Captain
22 Badges
Apr 3, 2014
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
I know they are selling a lot and are between the top 10 sales for 3 days, and i'm truly glad.

But i think if they waited until the Charlemagne patch it would be better, because:

1) i can imagine thousands of players getting scared and discouraged because of the bugged and unhelpful tutorial.

2) season effects on terrain!

3) Many special units's 3d model will be fixed (cataphracts, mongol archers....)

Besides, I imagine the plan is to get people who haven't tried it yet hooked on the game, so they'll buy the new DLC when it is relesed.

Besides, I imagine the plan is to get people who haven't tried it yet hooked on the game, so they'll buy the new DLC when it is relesed.

This right here. It's a business move: they get you into the game before Charlemagne, then you'll pay full price for the new DLC in 10 days. I think they did the same thing with RoI too.

This right here. It's a business move: they get you into the game before Charlemagne, then you'll pay full price for the new DLC in 10 days. I think they did the same thing with RoI too.

Yeah, it's no coincindence when The Witcher and The Witcher 2 goes on a huge sale just as The Witcher 3 is made availible for pre-purchase, or when TV airs The Lord of the Rings-movies all off a sudden just before the new Hobbit movie premieres. Games that has been out for a while often have a sale as new DLC is relesed.

No Paradox release is ever not-buggy.

They want to get people used to seeing what a stable build is like before they introduce them to a buggy one.