• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Avindian

People's Commissar of the Navy
120 Badges
Jan 3, 2010
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Supreme Ruler: Cold War
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Hearts of Iron IV: No Step Back
  • Sword of the Stars II
  • Victoria 2
  • 500k Club
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Victoria 2 Beta
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Knights of Pen and Paper 2
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Surviving Mars: Digital Deluxe Edition
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Shadowrun: Dragonfall
  • BATTLETECH
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Shadowrun: Hong Kong
  • Tyranny - Bastards Wound
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
It's that time of the year! Well, yes, the time of the year when the leaves change, everything is pumpkin spiced, American football rules the planet as it properly should, Major League Baseball's playoffs begin, midterms rapidly approach, etc., etc. But more importantly, it is the time of the year to vote on the very best AARs in AARland!

This installment of the ACAs covers all AARs which have updated at least once between July 1 and September 31. Please choose a link below to cast your ballot! Voting ends on 4 November at 10 PM CDT (GMT -5).

EU IV
CK II
Vicky II
HOI 3
Darkest Hour

AuthAARs, please feel free to advertise the ACAs in your signature and, indeed, even in your AARs. All I ask is that if you have multiple AARs, you advertise in only one of them. The more people that vote, the better for everyone!

Please use this particular thread to nominate AARs which do not fall into one of the above categories. If there is not sufficient interest, these additional AARs may not receive "official" ACAs.

I feel an obligation to note that there isn't actually a September 31st. :)

Last edited:
I feel an obligation to note that there isn't actually a September 31st. :)

There is if I say there is. ;) It's one of the powers demi-moderators have, although we use it sparingly.

There is if I say there is. ;) It's one of the powers demi-moderators have, although we use it sparingly.

In that case, you've just made describing my date of birth a whole lot more convoluted! :p

I'll have a look around the lesser-read forums later to see what I can do to try and help give this thread some relevance.

Since no AAR received more than two votes, the "Other" category comes up as a bust again. It's comforting to know that, at the very least, discontinuing the EU3 awards category seems like the right move. :)

The Rise and Fall of Gallaeci - A minimally modded vanilla Rome AAR by JuniorNC was an excellent late addition to the Rome section, and I'd like to nominate it as well.

Um, are you sure Avidian? I count three for one AAR...

Um, are you sure Avidian? I count three for one AAR...

You're right, I did miss your original vote. That's the only AAR that received more than two votes, though. We'll award JuniorNC the "Q3 ACA Honorable Mention." Congratulations!

You're right, I did miss your original vote. That's the only AAR that received more than two votes, though. We'll award JuniorNC the "Q3 ACA Honorable Mention." Congratulations!

Progress! Huzzah!

Unfortunately, Junior has been on a hiatus from the website. His last update still fits the criteria though. Still, we people of the Rome generation will continue to cling to the game with an iron fist!