• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Norrefeldt

Porphyrogenitus
Aug 1, 2001
Visit site
EEP Committee

This mod is run by the EEP Committee, but with rather low intensity nowadays since the work is more directed towards making a merger of EEP and AGC. Bugfixes and balancing stuff will certainly get in, but no grand reworking projects.
The committee consists of me, Twoflower, Isaac Brock, Johnny Canuck and Garbon. I'll do the compilation and Crook the installer. Johnny Canuck will take care of all typos.
There is no one that makes the final decision, the committee can vote if need be.

Last edited:
Readability please..

When you submit events make them as easy to understand as possible for the reader, as in any programming. Lots of comments is the key to this. It will be very helpful in bug searching and future modding. A good example, by Isaac Brock:
Code:
[COLOR=SKYBLUE]
[COLOR=RED]#Uskoks resettled[/COLOR]
event = {
          id = 1861818[COLOR=RED] #triggered by HAB 179003[/COLOR]

trigger = {
			event = 1861817 [COLOR=RED]#Venice declared war[/COLOR]
			event = 1861816 [COLOR=RED]#first event was vs HAB[/COLOR]
			NOT = {war   = { country = VEN country = HAB } }[COLOR=RED] #war is over[/COLOR]
			OR = { 	
				owned   = { province = 368 data = VEN }[COLOR=RED] #Istria[/COLOR]	
			 	owned   = { province = 365 data = VEN }[COLOR=RED] #Dalmatia[/COLOR]	
				}
		}
          random = no
          country = HAB
          name = "The Uskok resettlement"
          desc = "The uskoks were refugees from the Balkans who settled in the town of Senj 
under the Hapsburgs, who used them to help protect the frontier.  Their piracy led to war
between Austria and Venice.  As part of the peace the Uskoks were forcibly relocated away
from the coast."
          style = 3
          date = { day = 1 month = january year = 1614 }
          deathdate = { day = 1 month = january year = 1622 }

action_a ={
                      name = "Resettle the uskoks"

command = { type = provincemanpower   which = 366 value = 2 }[COLOR=RED] #Croatia[/COLOR]
			command = { type = relation   which = VEN value = 50 }
			command = { type = relation   which = TUR value = 30 }
			command = { type = manpower   value = -5 }
			command = { type = desertion   which = -1 value = 3000 }
			command = { type = naval  value = -500}
                      }
          }
[/COLOR]

Last edited:
Copy of thread: Test BEFORE submitting

This is really basic, but reptition is good...

The easiest way I have found so far is using Coders event parser. It controls that your code is alright. Download from here.

Some newer commands, from 1.07 beta, might not get through properly, but most of the commands are older anyhow.
A more cumbersome way is to put all your events into your game, then try to load it, then manually trigger all your events to make sure they do what you want to.
Of course this doesn't make your events free from logical errors, but is a useful start!

EDIT: It might be that you need .NET framework, at least you did need it for his event viewer.

Last edited:
Mnorrefeldt, I think it would be good to change your post to make it clear what the current status of the EEP is (my interpretation):

Pending the launch of the merged project It is now basically closed except to fix bugs and minor issues. New material, and left over stuff on this forum will be incorporated into the merged project as it proceeds.

Originally posted by Isaac Brock
Mnorrefeldt, I think it would be good to change your post to make it clear what the current status of the EEP is (my interpretation):

Pending the launch of the merged project It is now basically closed except to fix bugs and minor issues. New material, and left over stuff on this forum will be incorporated into the merged project as it proceeds.

The first post is changed since some time, should I delete the other ones? I thought that info was general and useful.

A quick question of nationality.

I'm not sure if this is the correct spot to ask this question, but, not being sure where else to put it what the hey. Basically I am wonder how, on the eep enhanced version of the game, I can form Russia from the Moscow starting position? I guess the same would apply perhaps to starting Spain from Castille perhaps or some similar positions. If anyone can fill me in on that I would appreciate it. Thanks